1) grip screws; were getting worn and stripped

2) hammer; mainly for looks

3) grip safety; change to prevent hammer bite and looks

4) mag. catch lock; were getting worn and stripped

5) grips; mainly for looks

Before

After;
Installed a blue (actually more blackened) went this direction for looks

Hammer is SS and webbed on the inside; painted the webbing black to match the GS

·
Registered
120 Posts
I need to know where you got those grips

Nice update, that 1911 looks amazing, well done sir:rock:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the long slide, but love the grips.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the ugliest guns out there.:confused:
Please be nice.

To the OP thanks for the pics I like it

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I've shot a hardballer once. Not the best looking pistol out there, but man it shot like a million bucks. This ones probably the same. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you got really lucky, the hammer dropped in and everything still works...???

You know, once you start messing with 1911's you can never stop. Nice first step in your learning curve. Bonus is nothing you did will prevent you from backing out if you decide it wasn't to your liking.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I’m sure I’m the first to notice (I’m perceptive that way)… did anyone ever tell you that slide is long?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You should call it the Bounty Hunter.

Just kidding, but it does look Brawny, but yet it Sparkles.

I'll have to tell my friend Scott about this one, once he gets back from Mardi Gras.

Just having a little fun. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Very Cool.

What kind of range do you have? Do any shooting at 50 yards or longer?

Bet she's accurate:) Know if it comes in 10mm?

Thanks for the pics:rock:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The comments about the grips were more positive than expected. I have one 1911 with wood and another one with rubber wrap around. So thought I get something different, plus it makes me smile when I look at it.

slucas42;
I wasn't a fan of the Long Slides (LS) at first, however once it proved itself almost unstoppable it became my favorite. I can hit better with my GoldCup but the LS guy will run very dirty. One time it ran thousands of rds with an extractor that wasn’t putting tension on the brass.

7east;
It really does shoot nice and the LS does reduce the recoil compared to a standard 5" model. IMHO the difference between a 7” and 5” barrel is about the same as going from a 5” to a 3.5” barrel.

Todd C;
I did get lucky, once I dropped everything in it worked. The toughest part was trying to remember how the sear spring went in (over or under).

The parts I ordered were Wilson with the exception of the hammer. The grip safety was the Wilson drop in and well it was ;)

The trigger pull is harder sense adding the parts.

Lazarus63;
That’s crazy talk. The LS is the one on the right and all three 1911 look the same length.

GoodShow;
Mainly shoot at 75 & 100 yd range. Used to shoot only at 100 yds but lately have been shooting 75 yds. You probably noticed how far the rear sites are up to accommodate. It’s fairly accurate I normally shot at clay birds at the range.

This is model is the AMT Long slide with a 7" barrel however they are no longer in production so getting a 10 mm is a no-go.

This is at the 75 yd range; the first target is 25 yd and the one further back is 50 yds. The berm is 75 yds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts