1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot 3579 - Excellent U.S. Colt Transitional Model 1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol

SOLD $ 3,250.00 + (666.25) buyer's premium + taxes, fees, etc...

http://www.icollector.com/Excellent-U-S-Colt-Transitional-Model-1911-Semi-Automatic-Pistol_i17960726

Serial Number: 707666

Excellent, with 97% plus of the original blue finish, showing bright wear along the high edges and scattered handling marks. The grips are excellent, with a few tiny dings on the crisp checkering. Mechanically excellent.

Other than the incorrect barrel: "Equipped with a Colt barrel ("COLT 45 AUTO), checkered wide hammer, slide catch, thumb safety, trigger and mainspring housing, checkered grips and a two-tone magazine."

The finish looks a little off to me (probably the pix), but RIAC says it's original... any obvious problems? If not, I think someone got a great buy.

Ray

·
Premium Member
15,735 Posts
Wow. A '666' gun too. :) How would the original barrel be marked? Just curious, I'm not the one who bought it. It looks too good to have required a barrel change from wear or corrosion.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The lettering looks a little hokey and the barrel is the really rare part from what little I know.

I would say no deal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. A '666' gun too. :) How would the original barrel be marked? Just curious, I'm not the one who bought it. It looks too good to have required a barrel change from wear or corrosion.
Correct barrel would have the intertwinded HP with the mysterious "k" mark.

Here are correct "transition" barrel pictures from coolgunsite.com

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts