1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking though the Bar Sto website, dreaming about a project 1911 I'd like to make, when I noticed the footnote about "enhanced" slides. I thought the only real difference with Colt's enhanced pistols was quality control and a ribbed flattop slide. Are there also internal differences with the enhanced models?

·
Administrator
72,493 Posts
The Enhanced models featured slides with a flat ribbed top, narrow barrel hood, angled serrations, and scalloped ejection port.

·
Registered
470 Posts
FYI

narrow barrel hood,
The barrel hood is an issue when swapping out barrels from enhanced to non-enhanced and non Colt barrels. DSK, is the non enhanced barrel hood what the other manufacturers use and is this the traditional style? :confused:

·
Registered
297 Posts
The non-enhanced barrel hood is the standard size that other manufacturers use (ie Kimber, Springfield etc). However, the new Colt 1991's also use the enhanced style narrow barrel hood, so be careful.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The Enhanced Series, XSE line, Gold Cup Trophy, and current production 1991 have a 3/8" barrel hood. The standard barrel hood found on the older 1991s, older Colts and the various other 1911 manufactures is 7/16"

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thats's why!!!

There's always great stuff coming from the members of this forum. That's why I never turn off the computer. RB :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts