1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wet tumbler loads of roughly 500 45 acp and I'm guessing the smaller Dillon Seperartors will be adequate for my needs .
Anyone think the larger will be a better buy, not much difference in $$$$ but no sense in buying something I don't need ?
Best/picker

·
Super Moderator
7,697 Posts
Go with the larger. It does a better job of catching the pins.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Buy the big one, even if you use a small tumbler. Its so much easier to work with. I have both...but had I started with the large one the first time....I would only have one.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Get the big one, you can store your tumbler and the basket inside the tub that comes with it.

You won't out grow it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I wet tumble and find that the smaller Dillon separator works fine, especially if you fill the tub with water first. If I separate the pins wth no water, I usually have a few that sling out of the tub but they are easily retrieved with a magnet. You won't be disappointed in the quality of the Dillon; that's for sure. They make the best.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I bought 2 $4 stacking plastic storage bins with lids. I cut the bottom out of 1 leaving about 2in all around the bottom and cut a piece of 1/4 stucco screen to cover the bottom. Put the cut-out one inside the uncut one , dump contents of tumbler , replace lid , lift top/cut one half-way out and shake-shake-shake. Bottom bin catches media which falls thru screen , top one holds brass.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks men, think I will get the big one, who knows I may load some 223 some day.
Best/picker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts