1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason, I had a bunch of small issues with the reloader this week. 1992 Dillon RL 550B. I snapped two capping pins in an hour and then my entire Shell platform/roller bracket snapped off at the mounts. I was still able to load... just had to pull back on primer bar before letting the roller all the way down.:rofl:

I e-mailed Dillon and they replaced the bracket and sent me a bag of pins at no charge. Arrived in less than a week.

They also recently replaced a timer for our club and sent us another one as a spare.

I'm a customer for life.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I've been to their store in Scottsdale several times and they are just as nice, helpful, and pleasant in person, and set the standard for what customer service should be.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
freakshow10mm said:
I sent in my "bought used" 550 for an overhaul. They didn't charge me the $30 fee for this nor charged me for the $154.10 in parts they installed.:rock:
Did you mess up and confess you bought it used?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sheldonj said:
I've been to their store in Scottsdale several times and they are just as nice, helpful, and pleasant in person, and set the standard for what customer service should be.
While on vacation in Scottsdale stopped into Dillon's store (Hum sure glad I left the credit cards with the better half back at the hotel room). Only spent $30.00
however could have maxed out the CC's in a heartbeat.
Chief-7700

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dillion is the best

If our automobile industry, or any American business would treat people like Dillion does, we'd rule the world.

Dillion replaced my water damaged press, even though I did not ask them, and would have happily paid for the repairs, as this was not a defect, for nothing.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
major caliber said:
If our automobile industry, or any American business would treat people like Dillion does, we'd rule the world.

Dillion replaced my water damaged press, even though I did not ask them, and would have happily paid for the repairs, as this was not a defect, for nothing.
That's awesome. :rock:

·
Registered
77 Posts
They rock...I have only had great experiences in dealing with them in the last 12 years. They are a huge contributor to the NRA, too. Some of the products they sell (Not their own products) are a little pricier than elsewhere, but i'll gladly spend a little extra money with a great American company like Dillon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a used SDB for $150.It had a few minor problems so I called Dillon to order some parts.I told them it was a used press.They sent everything,no charge,plus paid the shipping.Best customer service I have ever dealt without question. Bob

·
Registered
442 Posts
I noticed they had an across the board price increase.

·
Registered
442 Posts
freakshow10mm said:
Yes, effective January 1st. If you got the January catalog, the prices are the 2008 prices. Order from the website for the lower price.
I just picked up an XL650 with all the trimming. Just in time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just ordered their large tumbler and seperator. Ive been wanting to upgrade for a long time. The price increase pushed me over the edge, so I went for it. Merry Christmas to me!

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
notaglockhater2 said:
Just ordered their large tumbler and seperator. Ive been wanting to upgrade for a long time. The price increase pushed me over the edge, so I went for it. Merry Christmas to me!
Got one.:rock: It definitely handles large volume. I have never gotten the right polish/brass/media ratio figured out for a shiny bright finish, though. Make sure you put it on a solid surface, with nothing underneath. The spindle underneath will tangle and can short out. Don't ask me how I know.:dope:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Coltlover...Cant wait to get it...The guy I talked to at Dillon says to use about an inch worth of their polish out of the bottle into about 7 pounds of corn cob media. Let it run for about 10-20 minutes before putting your brass in. (Initial prep only) Ive always tumbled my brass at a buddies house and he just always had Brasso on hand, so thats what ive used. The Dillon polish is a little expensive, but im gonna give it a try. Dillon rep said it has some wax in it for a high shine. We'll see.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In general, the more brass you put in the case cleaner, the better it works. If you only have a small amount of brass, fill it as follows:Dump all the media out of the bowl. Pour in all the brass you wish to clean. Turn it on, the brass will rattle and clatter. Slowly pour in media until the metallic clatter stops. Run for 2 hours.

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
dillonhelp said:
In general, the more brass you put in the case cleaner, the better it works. If you only have a small amount of brass, fill it as follows:Dump all the media out of the bowl. Pour in all the brass you wish to clean. Turn it on, the brass will rattle and clatter. Slowly pour in media until the metallic clatter stops. Run for 2 hours.
Is this factual, or just an opinion? Your handle implies that you may be connected with Dillon. Is this Dillon's "official" advice? Please don't think I'm disagreeing or knocking it in any way. I've just never heard this before, and logically I'm having problems with the concept that "the more brass you put in the case cleaner, the better it works". I've cleaned & polished well over 100K cases and not observed this phenomenon.

BTW, I use Dillon presses (550's & 650) and think Dillon equipment and customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am the sales manager for Dillon Precision, and have worked here since 1984.
The greater the quantity of brass in the hopper, the more pressure it puts on the media, and everything rotates faster and scrubs more aggressively; at least in a vibratory case cleaner. We are always running cleaners here to test motors, so all the employees bring their dirty brass in to run.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Dillon Brass polish

Been using the stuff for several years, one time I accidentally left the cases in the polisher running for a couple of days, Boy did that brass come out clean and shiny.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts