1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me thank everyone who responded to my questions. Although I've reloaded many shotgun shells, I have yet to reload my first metalic round.

After carefull consideration, I've pretty much decided to get the Dillon Square Deal B which as you all know come set up with one set of dies. My question is, "What else to I need to order, if anything, to get this puppy up and running other than bullets, caseings, primers, and powder?

Your input is important and appreciated.

Absinthe

------------------
"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

·
Registered
466 Posts
A SOLID bench, a good scale, case tumbler, a media seperator, a micrometer, extra primer filler tubes, bullet puller, a pair of safty glasses. A good loading manual. Visit http://www.dillonprecision.com

I'm missing a ton of stuff for sure, but everyone here will be fillin' in the blanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lodraw pretty much has it,you'd need everything he has listed (except the primer tubes)reguardess of what brand machine you bought,after you get it mounted, go over the instruction manual again, and maybe start out by putting 2-3 primers, and cases in it and run those through,(you'll have to adjust the powder charge, belling of the case, bullet depth yourself)you'll quickly see what's going on at all of the stations, When I bought mine, I was loading ammo within an hour of getting it bolted down, also suggest using hemostats to get the locator buttons out if needed,(they are small, and there's not alot of room to get your fingers in) Welcome to the club! There's nothing like loading 3-400 rnds up in less than a hour! you'll love it!

[This message has been edited by Ralph (edited 08-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ralph (edited 08-10-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts