1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
vinzmd, I don't know the answer to your question, but one of the smartypants cruising this forum will. The good news is that replacement followers--and magazines, for that matter--are plentiful and relatively cheap, if you come to find out the bump is important.

Since you're a new member (Welcome!), I just wanted to comment on something else. IMO, I would NEVER let a gunstore counter jockey work on my gun, even if it was to remove a little bump on a follower. Lots of these yahoos would have just as easily said "Let's take the Dremel to the feed ramp.....it'll only take a minute!" (That's assuming that they'd know how to disassemble a 1911; a real stretch for many of them.)

Once a pistol leaves a gunshop, I think it should only be repaired in one of two places: 1) At a COMPETENT 1911 gunsmith (which, fairly, might reside in the backroom of your local gunshop) or 2) at the manufacturer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.