1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the new style barrel throating Colt uses, isn't there still supposed to be a 'gap' between the barrel throat and feed ramp? There is no measureable gap on mine and like some others I notice the chunky feed syndrome on mine as well. I only have one NRM in my inventory so I don't know if mine is normal or not.

Any input guys?

Dsk, I'm sure you have several NRMs, could you let me know how your ramps compare?

TIA, Jeff

·
Administrator
74,628 Posts
There has to be a gap with your barrel. If there wasn't the rest of the barrel would overhang the frame.

The pistol in the foreground is a NRM with the dimpled barrel. While the dimple isn't clearly visible, it should give you an idea what things should look like.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unforunately I have no gap when the barrel is pressed as far to the rear as it will go. I can press it forward, with the stop installed, and there is 'proper' gap.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the micrometer and measured since I cannot see for sure if there really is a gap. The dimple at center is .231 measuring from underneath to the back of the lower lugs. The barrel 'saddle' measures .234 front to back at center. So I have a .003 gap, not alot is it?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If memory serves me, I believe the gap between barrel and feed ramp should be in the range of 1/32", so .030" would be a lot closer than .003".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts