1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 102 Posts

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, ribeye is one of my two favorite cuts, but I thought everyone knew that bourbon goes best with a good steak. Rye is okay (if you're in to cocktails) but well...

Wife was at work. So I grilled two tenderloins (sauteed some baby spinach with a drizzle of EVOO and hickory smoked bacon pieces) for myself, sipped (well, maybe a little more'n a few fingers) some Buffalo Trace (after I tucked the DW CBOB in bed), watched a couple episodes of "Naked and Afraid" I'd recorded on the DVR, let the dogs out to do their business, and now, it's time for bed...

So, we've had "guns and knives" threads, "guns and watches" threads, "guns and condiments" threads, now "guns and whisky and steak" threads...

I like that we're branching out...

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Winter unfortunately keeps putting a pause on grilling season.
What? Not that it snows much here anymore where I'm living now, but when I've lived in snow country, nothing put a pause on grilling season. I'll shovel off the back deck and knock the snow off the grill before I'll shovel the front porch, sidewalk and plow the driveway.

I thought everybody had one of these:
6 ft. x 8 ft. Hollybrook Steel Brown Hard Top Grill Gazebo
Plant Building Grass Terrestrial plant Fixture

· Registered
1,106 Posts
You guys are killing me. I had to stop by my meat guy today and pick up some tenderloins and ribeyes. Then it was on to my favorite liquor retailer (package stores on base don't always have what I need) for some Buffalo Trace. Then I noticed the Elijah Craig Small Batch was on sale. Then stopped by the LGS and almost bought a new 1911, they had a Garrison on the shelf for a decent price, and since I haven't bought a 1911 in a few weeks...Alas, when I got home, I found I was low on propane and didn't have any potatoes.

And now I realize I have no decent single malt in my liquor cabinet. Bad night.

1 - 9 of 102 Posts