1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just over 100 rounds today before I had to do other chores… :( As you can see there is just enough left for some fun tomorrow too then I have to get to loading!

Range was 10 to 20 yards down in the back 40 several metal gongs and the orange self sealing targets set on 4' gum logs. These are some fun reactive targets that topple when hit. I'll try to get some pics of the range tomorrow.
:)

·
Registered
7,459 Posts

Just over 100 rounds today before I had to do other chores… :( As you can see there is just enough left for some fun tomorrow too then I have to get to loading!

Range was 10 to 20 yards down in the back 40 several metal gongs and the orange self sealing targets set on 4' gum logs. These are some fun reactive targets that topple when hit. I'll try to get some pics of the range tomorrow.
:)
Cool.....wish I had my own range.

What's your load?

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Awesome Chris!

I'm getting "low" on LSWC and it'll be 4-6 weeks until Precision ships more :(

Looks I'll have to shoot jacketed an maybe even dip into my factory stash...

Keep shooting!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt, i have 2K of the Precision sitting, waiting for me to load. If you need 'em I'll ship let me know.
I have a few thousand on order from Tennessee Valley, i wanted to try something different.

TSP45, these are a 225 gr truncated over 6.2 gr of Winchester AutoComp. It's a pretty clean load.

Yes it is nice to shoot out the "back door".. :D

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Matt, i have 2K of the Precision sitting, waiting for me to load. If you need 'em I'll ship let me know.
I have a few thousand on order from Tennessee Valley, i wanted to try something different.
Chris,
I'm good brother, thanks. Our definition of "low" may differ slightly than most since I keep 500 in my (heavy) range bag :)
I have a couple cans of Berry's plated "pumpkins" that I use in my competition XD45, but I don't shoot that as much lately so that's up next.

First. World. Problems. :rock:

ETA: I just found a new box of 500 Missouri Bullets...Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
500 is LOW……...

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
500 is LOW……...
I just found that box of 500 boolays...I have about 2500 on hand until I start reloading again. I don't want to say how much I have total since NSA is likely reading this. :grumble:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! your all set.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You order yours with the FO front sight or have Baer change it out?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

my range.

3wide, the Prowler came with the FO sight. :) I really like it. Same as my Boss.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ha! We all have definitions of what's "low". When I am down to one bin (2750), it's time to crank out more. I agree with Matt though, 500 is a heavy range bag for me, while 250 is light practice. Great pics Chris!

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I agree with Matt though, 500 is a heavy range bag for me, while 250 is light practice. Great pics Chris!

When my wife and I were both on evening shift, we had our mornings and early afternoons free. Went to the range usually every week. Never went with less than 750, but 1000 was more the norm. I was loading over 5k per month with my 3-4 weekend comps thrown in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts