1911Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
little lighter speed ammo will help, maybe your too close <10 yards, it's a combat gun, learn how to hold it in stead of filing around on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use top of front sight and top of rear sight. Without a reference for the dot on the rear sight, it really makes no sense to me to have a dot on the front. I suppose I could fill in the dot with JB Weld and then file the front sight down but I'd rather save the original front sight and simply replace it. At 22 yards - measured with a rangefinder - I aim at the top of an 8 inch plate and hit it at 6 o'clock on the edge. That's with a 115 grain load. A 124 grain load will completely miss it and go under the plate. I prefer my POI to be an inch or two above POA. That's much easier to use.
Doubs, I'm sorry you're having issues with your SA-35. I got mine earlier this week and took it to the range yesterday. I was satisfied with the few rounds I was able to send down range. I hope Springfield will get this sorted out quickly for you.

Mike

·
Registered
273 Posts
sorry, oh yeah now I see, 22 yards 8'' plate, wrong gun for this type off work filing and jb welding the sights or not.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Doubs, I'm sorry you're having issues with your SA-35. I got mine earlier this week and took it to the range yesterday. I was satisfied with the few rounds I was able to send down range. I hope Springfield will get this sorted out quickly for you. Mike
Mike, thank you. My SA-35 has functioned perfectly through about 150 rounds. Trigger is a bit heavier than I care for but not awful and breaks cleanly. Other than shooting low, I have no problem with it. I have two spare Mec-Gar mags and they both work perfectly. The gun is a keeper but I don't want to file on the original sight. I'm going to call SA and see what they may be able to do for a replacement front sight. I have the Wheeler Engineering sight tool so I can remove and replace the front sight easily enough without damaging anything.

·
Registered
273 Posts
get a P320 X5 legion w a Leupold DPP and you will hit it center: 8'' at 22' no problem. You match the gun to the application, not the other way around. There are other choices too....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I suggest calling. I have spoken with customer service a few times over the past few weeks ordering parts for 1911’s I have. They have been super nice and helpful and all packages have been received in about 5-7 days of placing orders.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Call them set up a repair number . They will send u a shipping label . Send it to them with a detailed note . They will swap out the sight for free
ship it to and from them for free and it will all take about 3 weeks .

Reactions: mikegc

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Ruger and S&W both same problem, they don't care, they already have your money.
Sorry for what happened to you at the other manufactures . Springfield has great CS and treats you well and will fix it .

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm assuming you did a warranty registration with SA, either online or mail.

It's been a couple of years since I dealt with SA CS, but I always had a timely response & resolution whenever I reached out to them. I hope they will make things right for you. :)

Reactions: mikegc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say I was very disappointed with the new emissary 1911 I had and also the 911 I had. Both were nothing but jam specials. Junk if you ask me and I’ll probably never own another Springfield armory product!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Calling is your best bet.. they honored warranty on my fathers gun..he messed up the reverse recoil plug and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would just file that thing down. After things settle down you can get a replacement. People telling you to get a different gun are ridiculous. Gotta love gun forums.
I would not send it in and wait three weeks either. File it and move on. Everything is nuts with covid. You can always mess with it more down the road.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts