1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SA 1911A1 today and I love it. It is great. I am going to take it out tommarow and really shoot, check how accurate it is. I was wondering does anyone know the trick to getting it broken down to clean it. The directions from SA were not that helpful to me. I also went online and didn't see anything that would help me. I can't seem to get it so that the barrell bushing moves? This is my first 1911 the only guns that I have ever cleaned are the Beretta 92fs and a little ..357 revolver. I am going to take it to the shop up the road tommarow and have them show me if I can't figure it out. Any help would be appriciated

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi, just go to WWW.sightm1911.com and click the link to maintenance and it will show you with some pictures the step by step disassembly steps. Welcome to 1911's! The favorite of boys and girls all over!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think I know what your talking about.

The SA directions are vague at best. If you have the FLGR (full length guide rod) you will first need to unscrew it and pull it out. Then follow the direction on the other web sited suggested.

My directins do not account for these "added features", so you can't just press the plug and get the bushing to move.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by ehenz (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
362 Posts
BTW,

Welcome aboard and don't get discouraged if the new 1911 does not function properly at first. It may need some break-in time and a little tweaking.

If you run into problems, this forum is the best....period!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody. I looked at those sites and after I got the guide rod out I got it so that I could break it down for cleaning. I also put about three hundred rounds through it today and it was great. Exactly point of aim and no Failure to Fires. It is a great gun I am really happy with my purchase. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts