1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed in previous threads but this is slightly different. I had a minor click in my trigger pull and after adjusting the trigger bow, most of the click disappeared. But, there was still a tiny nagging little click just at the end of take-up. The click was only present with the slide on the frame. I nudged the slide a little back and the click went away. I looked at the disconnector recess on the bottom of the slide and it looks as if the head of the disconnector was rubbing the front part as there is noticeable wear at the front of the notch. There were no burrs present and before attempting to deepen the recess, I put a little Ultima-Lube Grease down on the mating surfaces. The click immediately disappeared! I have not shot the gun yet to see if the click returns, though I have cycled it numerous times and it has not returned.

Is it possible that the friction was causing the disconnector to stick ever so slightly up against the front part of the slide recess, then giving way to produce the click?? I was going to try to deepen the recess, but if the lube eliminated the click I am re-thinking that idea...

H

·
Registered
555 Posts
check the height of the disc. and if needed remove from the slide, just a little. easy fix. Brownells sell a tool for deepening the slot on the slide.

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
very common...so common if fact, like he stated, they have a tool to remedy it. It doesn't effect function so you could just leave it be and it may work itself out.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Or, take a prick punch and make a slight dimple at the front edge of the hole in the frame where the disconnector comes through...just enouigh to move a little metal into the hole. This'll change the position of the disconnector and move it away from the front edge of the slide's disconnector slot just enough to get rid of the click.
Or, more some metal from the front part of the slide slot.

Bob

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I notice that when I pull the trigger, the disconnector moves forward slightly in the hole on the frame. Is it possible that when I adjusted the trigger bow to tighten it up in the channel, it affected the disconnector position which caused or exacerbated the click?

H

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Nope. This is normal, regardless of the position of the trigger or overtravel screw. That's why the little dimple in that hole will prevent the disconnector from clicking when it touches fhe front of the slide's notch.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts