1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to fix a buddies Trojan that has the dreaded disconnector click right before sear movement. I can see in the groove where the discon is hitting, but
I am not sure what to use to deepen the groove and also how deep to go. I do not have a gouge, but a whole set of files and stones.
Hope someone can help out with advice. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
The Brownells disconnector slot scraper is nothing but a lathe bit ground to shape with a handle attached. If you don't want to buy the Brownells scraper, get a lathe bit and grind it yourself.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I was able to get rid of the click with a small flat screwdriver and some wet/dry 1000 grit paper. I used the screwdriver as support and polished the inside of the notch toward the front where the disconnector was contacting. I suppose if there is a lot of material that needs to come off, this might be a very tedious program. But in my case it didn't take much and the problem was solved...

H

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
bigboyhf said:
I was able to get rid of the click with a small flat screwdriver and some wet/dry 1000 grit paper. I used the screwdriver as support and polished the inside of the notch toward the front where the disconnector was contacting. I suppose if there is a lot of material that needs to come off, this might be a very tedious program. But in my case it didn't take much and the problem was solved...

H
Good idea. The Brownells scraper can leave an uneven surface; this migh be just the method to smooth it out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
At the risk of sounding like "Bubba the Gun Butcher", I used a Dremel with a worn (to just the right size) polishing stone (the round disk) to barely, barely polish the cutout at the appropriate spot. Seems to have worked just fine.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
deercop said:
At the risk of sounding like "Bubba the Gun Butcher", I used a Dremel with a worn (to just the right size) polishing stone (the round disk) to barely, barely polish the cutout at the appropriate spot. Seems to have worked just fine.
Okay, we won't call you Bubba, but that trick sounds a little like "Buddy", his younger brother.
;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts