1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are all the possible causes of disconnector click? Is it binding in the tunnel? Or binding in the clearance cut-out in the bottom of the slide? Or can there be other causes? What are the fixes for these problems? How does staking the tunnel fix this? How does deepening the disconnector notch affect disconnector click? I read Metalsmith's post where he recommends the Infinity disconnector, but I am wondering if there are additional ways for binding to occur.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asking about disconnector click that occurs when trigger squeeze is begun. This is not the time for the click to occur, is it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, George. This is real 24 kt. info.

George Smith wrote:
There is long disconectors. 1.315 ish.
they are long intentionally. choose between the disconector stoping it's upward movement on the sear pin OR it stoping inside the slide's cut out. If your going for a really light pull you can sometimes feel the bottom of the disconector drag across the sear pin. With the long one it does not touch the pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.