1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here get discounts from local gun stores?

I use to get anywhere from 10% - 15% at 6 different gun stores in town years ago before I gave up shooting for golf (what WAS I thinking). When I started back again, those stores were all out of business (Hmmmmm...I guess I WAS a good customer).

These days there's only 3 shops in town and they carry anything from zero to a very small amount of reloading supplies. I get 10% discounts in the 2 that I frequent, but haven't spent enough time/money in the other store for a price break yet.

Are these discounts common or does my high volume buying make me "special"? These discounts come in handy when buying new guns.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I don't have any firm discount structures in place with anyone I deal with - but if I can't talk a dealer into taking at least 10% off his usual list price, I'll generally walk away.

After I've left the store, it's funny how many times the dealer will chase me down the sidewalk, calling "Shane, Shane, come back Shane"
telling me he's changed his mind and he really CAN give me that 10%.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
10% off! That's pretty good for a gun. Again, I don't buy guns as often as I want. I'll just be happy that the store owners don't throw a macho attitude towards me. You know, the type of attitude we all hate and promise ourselves that we wouldn't do to our customers if we happened to work or own a gun store.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There used to be a place that never had any prices displayed. It used to be kind of fun when I'd be in front of a guy and get charged 15% less than the price quoted to him.

In that place you had to have purchased a few guns in order to get the "we know you" price, and the $150 or so a week I was spending there on reloading supplies got me a straight 15% discount. I hated it when those guys retired and closed up shop.

One of the current places that gives me 10% already has very good prices, so multiple purchases really show a significant savings. I think I buy a gun from them every month or so, so I'm a pretty good customer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts