·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
They should work in any 1911.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,153 Posts
47Ds wouldn't lock the slide on my '42 Colt.

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Banned
756 Posts
47Ds wouldn't lock the slide on my '42 Colt.
Hi,
Probably a weak mag spring which the 47D's were known for, of course CS is excellent with Wilson.

I just buy Wolff's 5% extra power springs and all is good.

I have about 15, 47D's and they have never let me down,and...

I use them for carry.

Just sayin!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've been using 47D's for several years in a variety of 1911's and have never had a problem with them. I've changed springs in a couple of them but that is to be expected. I give them Thumbs-UP.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,153 Posts
Hi,
Probably a weak mag spring which the 47D's were known for, of course CS is excellent with Wilson.

I just buy Wolff's 5% extra power springs and all is good.

I have about 15, 47D's and they have never let me down,and...

I use them for carry.

Just sayin!
Not to get too far afield, but I stored the mag loaded for over fifteen years, taking it out and putting a few rounds through it every five years, and it always worked perfectly, other than not locking that G.I. Colt. It's not that the follower failed to lift the slide stop, the follower slipped past the slide stop; I'd expect a mag to stop feeding reliably long before the spring was too weak to lift the slide stop.

·
Banned
756 Posts
I'd expect a mag to stop feeding reliably long before the spring was too weak to lift the slide stop.
Hi,
That has not been my experience with 47D's...

The only problem I have ever had, is the spring being weak and not lifting the slide stop.

Actual feeding was still good, but as I said a new Wolff spring installed and all was good.

Admittedly, every pistol is different!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The base plate height should be considered, to high can cause seating problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts