1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas came a little early for the Highball household...

I won a GB auction for the Talo Commander Elite (locked back for those who wondered about whether or not it had a FLGR):

And while I was on the phone arranging payment and FFL, the guy asks "So... is there anything else you are looking for?"

Ask the right question at the right time, and well I simply did the math on how pissed Mrs. Highball was going to be.

Turns out, I married well... her response was simply "Which one is mine?"

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Lots of room under my tree if you don't have it. Yep I'm jealous, very nice. Merry Christmas.:)

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Ba humbug

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Ohhhhh! I love when Santa leaves me The Blue Box!!!!!!

Nice. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Take them both out and shoot 'em!! THEN wrap them up.

That's what I'd do. But, that's just me.

Enjoy!

Smitty

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all.

The grips on the Commander Elite actually have a brown tint to them that doesn't show up in any pic I have seen. All pics I have seen make them look charcoal to black. Not as grippy as I would have expected, but still nice.

The grips on this particular Wiley Clapp are stunning. They have an almost iridescent quality to them.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
That Commander looks nice and I was thinking it would make a nice pair paired with my talo lwt 38 super but then I saw the price tag...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That Commander looks nice and I was thinking it would make a nice pair paired with my talo lwt 38 super but then I saw the price tag...
They seem to be going for opening bid on GB right now... mine was $200 under list. Still not "cheap", I know, but not out of the stratosphere.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You know what you should do is, put tags on them reading "From Santa". And when you open them in front of the wife, act completely surprised, shocked and awed, and mystified how they got there. Maybe she will believe that it wasn't actually you that bought them?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You know what you should do is, put tags on them reading "From Santa". And when you open them in front of the wife, act completely surprised, shocked and awed, and mystified how they got there. Maybe she will believe that it wasn't actually you that bought them?
:rofl:

Turns out, I married well... her response was simply "Which one is mine?"
But I think that ship sailed.... ;)

Nice pistols... !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts