1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a deposit on a Kimber Custom TLE II which I will be purchasing in a day or two. Does Kimber ship it's handguns with two magazines? I only noticed one in the box when I looked at the TLE in the store. Am I getting cheated out of a mag, or should I only be getting one. Many of you have said that the Kimber factory mags are problematic, but if I am sopposed to get 2... then I want 'em anyway!

Thanks!

·
Banned
597 Posts
Mine only came with one. And I was stupid enough to order two more factory mags. But, they make decent range mags for topping off during IDPA.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Both my Pro Carry purchased several years ago and my TLE purchased last Spring came with only one mag. Both were worthless; I'm glad they only shipped one :hrm:

Both mags are in the little ziplock bags with the rest of the stuff that came with the pistols (except the bushing wrench [TLE] and the spring securing take down pin [Pro Carry]) in case I ever sell them.

Get a few Wilson or McCormack mags for every day use. See the numerous threads on the subject for preference. :D

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Pete45 said:
Many of you have said that the Kimber factory mags are problematic, but if I am sopposed to get 2... then I want 'em anyway!

Thanks!
I think you'll find that the new style mags that now ship with Kimbers will work just fine. BTW, Kimber is now also shipping in a snazzy new type of plastic pistol box with sliding clasps. Much nicer than and more usable than the old style ones.

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
I prefer the original boxes. I've got scars on every knuckle from opening them. You could always tell a Kimber owner by his hands.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
AZ Husker said:
I prefer the original boxes. I've got scars on every knuckle from opening them. You could always tell a Kimber owner by his hands.
Not to mention they worked great for shipping my Baer back for repair. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts