1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
I would only add that indirectly, the boots on the ground who do as ordered and stand down are still serving, in a way. By not stopping the chaos created by Leftists, they are showing the world who these people are, and how the world will be if they get their way politically. This may well have a big positive effect in November. Not only at the national level, but also there may be upsets at the state and city levels, ousting the politicians who enable the rioting.

So some pain now may well result in good things later on. Maybe in the Very Big Picture, this is how things should be. All of North America would still be a British holding if it were not for the heavy-handedness of George III on the colonials.
That is a good one my Friend :) and the riots will certainly help Trump win as I also have been stating for some time...I think everyone here is PRO-Police in Spades, but I think for a realistic discussion on the OP's "question" one needs to put themselves in the shoe's of good people that live in the Lefty-Hell-Holes. There are still tons of them. And not all of them voted for the Marxist-mayors. They (rightly so) should expect fair protection by Police in these Lefty Hell-Holes.

IMO, good people and good politician's in our country should be setting the bar much higher for Cops in these Lefty-hell-holes and ask that more Cops act like the Lt. in Denver (I posted above) who didn't stand-down and told his Lefty-Bosses to Go xxxx themselves. Lives are at stake, "just following orders" may be a reason but it is not an excuse.

I would like to see POTUS speak to this more specifically, it would certainly help his re-election.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
"I vuz chust following orders" was a common defense at the Nuremberg Trials.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
I'm not sure how to start this post since this is my third attempt. So this time, no introduction to frame my comments.

Some things to understand:

Police Chiefs in general are appointed by the highest political body in the "city"!

The County Sheriffs in general are elected by the people!

Beside swearing to uphold the Constitution and all laws LEO's also must follow General Orders or similar policies and procedures that define the chain of command and what happens if orders are refused!

What if a LEO makes an arrest when told to stand down? Where does the LEO take the arrestee? The local jail won't take them. What if the arrestee gets injured when told to stand down?

Now that's out of the way!
Soros and Blumberg know exactly where the weakest and easiest to manipulate city leaders are and where the vulnerability is for the "5hit storm" they want to start whether its the 2A, Religion, Labor, Environment or Race! Marxist know exactly how to manipulate people for their end game! They also have the money to buy protestors and insurgents. Also Look at the demographics of where this is all going on!

90% of the population is not being exposed to overt Marxist agenda on the ground! Some splinter groups have tried "mob rule" in outlying counties and were shut down almost immediately with overwhelming show of patriotic force and city /county law enforcement support.

Right before I retired 15years ago from one of the largest county agencies on the west coast we were discussing the then current political situation. I stated that sometime during their careers first responders would be dispatched with a clipboard and a can of pepper spray. They laughed!

Please try to understand the role of law enforcement today in these cities. It sucks to know what needs to be done and how to do it but held back by spineless politicians.

Blue live matter, but the job sucks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Find another Job? At least one with some Honor? Working for people with Honor?
I thought a lot about this before replying and wanted to just let it go but could not.

Pretty easy for you to talk about Honor and the things others should do while you sit all safe and sound behind your poison keyboard.

Life appears to be pretty simple for you. Let others put their safety on the line and you will sit back and criticize. I have put my safety on the line over and over in the last thirty five years, so you can talk about the things others should do.

I do not believe you know the first thing about Honor and Duty!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
It's easy to be an armchair quarterback. You're never in harm's way yourself, but you think you have the right to criticize others who are facing tough challenges and tougher decisions. You've never been a combatant and thus seen the dorked-up conundrums requiring decisions made by commanders in the moment. And it's even tougher to have to follow orders you may not understand or agree with. It's easy to criticize those guys. Your job is not on the line. Your life is not on the line.

The politicians who set corrupt policy and make unrealistic and unlawful demands are the ones lacking honor. Not the police, nor the National Guard. They're just doing their jobs. The politicians, on the other hand, are safe in their offices and ivory towers, just like the keyboard warriors who post here. Talking a big game is easy. Action is not.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.