1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from battling with a mailbox full of radical Islamic envelopes, or taking on the occasional suicide cardboard box... what do you really do with your EDC knife? I know you take it out, admire it, play with it, etc., when you're sitting on the toilet at work. Anything else?

Mine stays put because of the middle C in my CCW license. :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
I talk to it a lot. But lately it hasn't talked back like it used to. It's afraid it might be overheard by the micophones, you know, those Homeland Security watch thy neighbor ones. It's also started hiding deeper in my pocket. It used to stay up at the top where it could look around and keep aware of situations. But I'm afraid that with all the troubles in the world it has simply given up. Overwhelmed, perhaps. Now it just gets down in athe very bottom and sometimes even hides behind the kleenex.;) ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I keep a close eye on my EDC. Just as a gun can be dangerous, so can a knife. Knives are somehow meaner and less wholesome than firearms so obviously they cannot be trusted; keep a close I on them, I do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine has taken care of hangnails, carpet, letters, boxes, rope and string, I even used it to open a gallon of paint once. I want to get a new one, my blade is all scratched up.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I use mine to open the mail, boxes, cut rope or string or hoses, and to cut the warpping off the top of the water bottles when I put a new one on the water cooler. It gets used every day for something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my EDC does everything from cutting plastic wrap on pallets, cardboard, those oh -so terrible terroristic envelopes, and rope, to trimming my fingernails, general camp knife in the woods, presentation drills, occasional kitchen knife, and even whittling 2x4's (don't ask, boring story), among everything else. so, even tho i carry a prodo "tac-folder", for me, it is an EVERYDAY kinda knife. it gets used, and used pretty hard, constantly.

i think for most of us, the W part of your CCW has little to do with our knives. while it could and would be used in a SD situation, most of us, myself included, probably couldn't deploy it in time, the whole "21 foot" rule. knives are tools, and are used as such in a wide variety of contexts.

regards,
chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
I get teased at work all the time because I always carry a knife, at least one most of the time several! But I seem to spend most of the time lending it to everyone else to use. No one wants to carry their own but they always need one? And the few others guys who do carry one, well they are about as sharp as a basket ball! It is amazing to me that when I don't have a knife with me how much I end up needing it!

Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
EJR said:
I get teased at work all the time because I always carry a knife, at least one most of the time several! But I seem to spend most of the time lending it to everyone else to use. No one wants to carry their own but they always need one? And the few others guys who do carry one, well they are about as sharp as a basket ball! It is amazing to me that when I don't have a knife with me how much I end up needing it!

Ed
Amen brother! the people at work ALWAYS give me crap because of my pocketknife, which happens to be an M16-14M. they laugh at my "combat knife", until they are opening a bunch of boxes or pallets with a razor knife, then click ,slice. i am stocking while they are fighting with the shrink wrap. it has gotten to point that they will come get me to open whatever they are working on instead of doing it themselves. shows how useful they are!

keep your powder dry and your blades sharp,
chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts