1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer that wants to replace the barrel in his Omgea pistol. Trouble is I can find any information on the Omgea. I remember seeing them advertised years ago and I think they were a polymer frame gun from Springfield but I may be wrong.
Can anyone shed a little light on this?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I thought the omega was the 10mm springfield version of the colt delta elite, if i recall right it used a dual recoils spring assembly, might aslo try asking on the springer section.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Omega was a failed venture by Springfield in making a multi caliber modular platform. Like many of its type that attempt to service different cartridges with totally diameter/ rim dimensions, it wasn't all that reliable and flopped. Last time I saw one was in the late 80's at a gun show. I'd contact Springfield and ask if parts are still availible, they probably have the last remaining stock if any are left.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yo Bruce! Hope all's well in East Leroy. Maybe someday you'll get that much needed subway between your area and.... West Leroy!

I reviewed the Omega for a Spanish gun magazine in 1988, it was sort of a 10mm Omega vs. Colt's Delta Elite. No polymer frame, took a regular 1911 frame , in fact I think you could get the top end only for a conversion. Linkless barrel, polygon rifling, the Stahl mentioned above was Peters Stahl, the manufacturer's name that was on it (Germany). I think they are still available in Europe. The one I had worked fine as I recall, but it was long and wide. You'll play hell getting a new barrel I think, prob'ly have to find one in germany or make one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have an Omega that I sent to Peter Stahl in Germany to correct original deficiencies many years ago, all barrel link related . Once corrected, no problems . It's a single stack blue steel frame and slide ,10MM, 6" barrel with comp holes in barrel and slide. If you need pics e-mail me and I will take some for you . FORGET getting ANY Omega parts from Spingfield . Stahl may have a few. I don't shoot mine anymore but keep it around just because. Because of what I don't know !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi there

You can still get barrels here:

http://www.peters-stahl.com/Webseiten/Deutsch/pistolen.htm

The Englisch site version is still under construction, so you'll have to get google to translate it for you. One of the members of my gun club has a 6inch Peters-Stahl factory built on a caspian frame. Very reliable and super-accurate. Headspacing is achieved via a dual-extractor set up, so caliber conversions are easily accomplished (Barrel, mag and recoil spring IIRC).

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

a complete new webpage will be present in 4 - 8 weeks. I am just working to modify it.

If you have questions concerning our products please ask me.

By the way for all:

KPS is not Peters Stahl. KPS is dead for a long time.

Christian-U. Freiberg

·
Registered
318 Posts
I almost bought one years ago, and I am glad I did not. I read the forums and found out about the spare parts and failure issues with that venture. I ended up buying a SPringfiled Linkless 10 instead (not the OMega 10). The Springfield is running just fine. Basic slim 1911 frame with factory single port.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Freiberg said:
Hi,

a complete new webpage will be present in 4 - 8 weeks. I am just working to modify it.

If you have questions concerning our products please ask me.

By the way for all:

KPS is not Peters Stahl. KPS is dead for a long time.

Christian-U. Freiberg
WELCOME!! Thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts