1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I am sure there are those escaping from California that don't recognize cause and effect. But many of us will be your biggest ally. We have a deeper appreciation for freedom.
Totally understand and agree. Pro-2A people exist in every state, and they bring value whether they're the majority or the minority in their home state...or a state they've left.

No one understands oppression and those who suppress freedom better than someone who has experienced such oppression.

I've always believed this, although my post a few minutes ago failed to reflect this; and your comments are an excellent reminder.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
I am sure there are those escaping from California that don't recognize cause and effect. But many of us will be your biggest ally. We have a deeper appreciation for freedom.
And you sir, are welcome here!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
My car said, and I quote, "I will ****ing stop, with you inside, in the worst ****ing place and the worst ****ing time if you dared to **** up my gorgeous looks with your ****ing stickers". I concluded that the subject was rather upsetting and bought new windshield vipers as I-am-sorry gift.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
^^^ Excellent humor, as is one of your frequent contributions. +1911.

And with a significant truth/message wrapped within.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I, for the most part, keep to my own business. However I cant stand stupid or loud mouths. My wife says I'm really good at stating the facts and that most dont realize until later that I told them they're morons.

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I tend to avoid people. I used to love being in public and large gatherings. Now, I’d rather not.
I am totally with you on this. My wife and I live a pretty Bohemian cloistered lifestyle. However we do have to venture out from time to time. And I just like to let people where I stand. In a fairly anonymous fashion. I do not see much down side to it. It is not like I am going around with this tattooed on my forehead or standing on a soap box with a banner in front of a big crowd.

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
What a shame to a nice truck!
Have NRA and Leupold sticker on my pick up 2002 Chevy.(love my truck)
Wife does not allow stickers on autos she drives.
I must not stay around people that don't like my way of thinking.
We have yard flags, one the American Flag , Blue Livers Matter, and my wife's flower flag.
The only sticker is the Noveske hot pig, the rest are magnets which get changed out on a regular basis.

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
With a smile and a salute to one of the best Forum members....if I had the good fortune to live in the beautiful area you live in, and with a similar self-sufficient property, I'd do the same thing. I remember -- again with a smile and good envy -- the entrance gate to your property and its obvious privacy from a long-ago post.

But it would be too close to a death wish to do so (the signs on your truck) in the urban jungle. Urban thugs will simply shoot, unprovoked, at someone bearing symbols or statements they dislike. No good way to deal with that very real threat...I cannot preemptively defend first.

I so much wish this were not so, but we see more and more unprovoked violent attacks in urban areas by leftist scumbags. It's a vile, terrible reality. The law is on the scumbags's side, for at least as long as the good guy is still living.

It is so good to see that common sense -- real common sense -- still prevails in much of our Country.
I hear you loud and clear Chrysanthemum. There is a reason why my signs are magnets. I edit as location dictates. Like if I go down to Roanoke there is a good chance that I will be a bit more subtle. And I did actually have my truck vandalized one time for what was clearly political motivation. Unfortunately for the perpetrator, I caught her in the act. I had her promptly arrested by would you not know it my good neighbor The park policeman assigned to that section of the Blue ridge parkway. By all accounts she will pay for this transgression in a considerable fashion. 🤣

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I guess it depends on where you live. If I lived and worked out in some rural, conservative area then maybe. But here in Seattle I'm stuck sharing BO with hard-core liberals who'd just as soon torch my vehicle if they saw a pro-gun or MAGA sticker on it. I'm also not keen on advertising to criminals that they can follow me home to find a small armory.
I hear you loud and clear dsk. If I lived in Seattle I would likely keep a low profile as well, at least lower. As for anybody following me home with ill intent. A really bad idea. Just sayin.

·
Administrator
75,205 Posts
I hear you loud and clear dsk. If I lived in Seattle I would likely keep a low profile as well, at least lower. As for anybody following me home with ill intent. A really bad idea. Just sayin.
They're not going to follow you home just so they can jump you. They're going to make note of where you live and drive on by, and come back again later when your truck isn't in the driveway. Most crooks aren't dumb enough to accost a known gun lover at home, knowing that he will probably either be armed or have a weapon close by.

Totally understand and agree. Pro-2A people exist in every state, and they bring value whether they're the majority or the minority in their home state...or a state they've left.
Recently I bought a gun that was out of state, and when I called the seller with my CC info he noticed I was in WA and made some snide remark about all the anti-gun leftist loons out here. I had to remind him that this state is full of gun owners, and that once you get out of Seattle you'll find the state is just as conservative as Idaho or Montana. We only get the leftist reputation because of Seattle/King County, which alone has more people than the entire rest of the state combined.

Reactions: Boge

·
Registered
simplify
376 Posts
The very few people I have known for years here in northeast Oklahoma yes we talk. My family no . I never talk to clerks ,counter people ,people in line or in doctors offices . My views are my own . I have expressed them here and to my many ham radio friends in a great many country's , they are extremely curious right now . I am finding it easier and easier to become more and more reclusive in these politicly charged times and I never ever discus religion I am agnostic so it just don't work .

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
They're not going to follow you home just so they can jump you. They're going to make note of where you live and drive on by, and come back again later when your truck isn't in the driveway. Most crooks aren't dumb enough to accost a known gun lover at home, knowing that he will probably either be armed or have a weapon close by.

Recently I bought a gun that was out of state, and when I called the seller with my CC info he noticed I was in WA and made some snide remark about all the anti-gun leftist loons out here. I had to remind him that this state is full of gun owners, and that once you get out of Seattle you'll find the state is just as conservative as Idaho or Montana. We only get the leftist reputation because of Seattle & King County, which alone has more people than the entire rest of the state combined.
Respectfully dsk you do not understand where I live. First of all you can not drive by my house, you can only drive to it. I am all of the way at the end of a very obscure and hard to find road. People that have been here a number of times still can not find it. This is by design. Secondly if you actually do make it back here you will likely will have been observed by a number of my neighbors that are very suspicious of strangers and armed as well. Lastly My wife and I are retired and largely homebodies, and well armed to boot. There is a reason why I am comfortable displaying ten thousand dollars worth of antique Winchesters over the fireplace in my house. Additionally they will not be able to see if my vehicle is there or not unless they walk in a considerable ways as we generally keep the gate locked whether we are home or not. When we are in for the night the vehicles are all in the garage.
Wood Shotgun Varnish Hardwood Wood stain

·
Registered
304 Posts
Respectfully dsk you do not understand where I live. First of all you can not drive by my house, you can only drive to it. I am all of the way at the end of a very obscure and hard to find road. People that have been here a number of times still can not find it. This is by design. Secondly if you actually do make it back here you will likely will have been observed by a number of my neighbors that are very suspicious of strangers and armed as well. Lastly My wife and I are retired and largely homebodies, and well armed to boot. There is a reason why I am comfortable displaying ten thousand dollars worth of antique Winchesters over the fireplace in my house. Additionally they will not be able to see if my vehicle is there or not unless they walk in a considerable ways as we generally keep the gate locked whether we are home or not. When we are in for the night the vehicles are all in the garage. View attachment 617809
If you have trees and great neighbors it sounds like my home. Pretty nice isnt it.
Like the Winchesters also.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
pawpawlong, I know it is a typo, but "Blue Livers Matter," is something I can identify with, from years ago choir practice!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Thanks you would think that my one finger typing wouldn't do that! Sorry and thanks for pointing it out .

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm a fairly private person. For instance, I don't use my Christian name here, and I noticed most others don't, either. I don't use Tor or try to hide my IP, but I'm not going to just hand out my identity to every creep out there. I have an NRA sticker on the back window of my truck, but that's mostly because cops in my area are predominantly pro-gun. I've usually got at least one gun in my truck at any given time, and it kinda gives them a friendly heads-up who they're pulling over...but even that's been a while :)

Guns and politics aren't typically the first topics I bring up with a stranger. And we have guns all over the house, but you won't see any when you walk in the door.

To each their own.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Wholly separate from the question of wisdom (which includes knowing one's locale/environment), whenever I see a "where I stand" sticker, placard, etc., on someone else's vehicle, I usually either smile, thinking well of that person...or there's an inner frown or shaking of the head, thinking "what a fool".

In urban places, the latter is the most common, with a "Biden-Harris" sticker being the surest, most irritating sign of a leftist fool...and an indicator of a driver/vehicle to keep one's distance from, as the driver is likely suffering from some mental affliction.

But I can't recall seeing such a message that caused me to change what I think about the subject itself. It only affects my first reaction and thought about that person.

I figure that most people are similar to me in this regard. Mindsets of others aren't going to be changed by political or gun-related messaging displayed on a vehicle or a home/lawn.

Reactions: mdell49 and ether

·
Registered
998 Posts
As Americans, we have the freedom to hold whatever political opinions we want. I may not agree with those of the next person, but he has as much right to his opinions as I do to mine. To blatantly try to force my opinions on others is viewed negatively by them, just as I'd view them negatively if they tried to force their opinions on me. And in this day and age, with the number of plain folks packing heat, it seems absolutely stupid to get into arguments with complete strangers. It's a good way for someone to get dead and the other to go to prison for life.

As another person in this thread stated, having a civil discussion about current issues is a whole nother thing. I dated a liberal about a year ago. When she found out I shot defensive pistol matches, we were able to have some discussions about weapons and self defense. I'll never forget the one time that she told me she felt much safer when she was with me because she knew I was carrying.

Arguing never changes anyone's mind. Having discussions opens up that possibility.

21 - 40 of 187 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.