1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 187 Posts

·
Administrator
75,199 Posts
Respectfully dsk you do not understand where I live. First of all you can not drive by my house, you can only drive to it. I am all of the way at the end of a very obscure and hard to find road.
Well that's good to know. My situation is just the opposite... the only good thing about my place is that there isn't a single corner of the house that can't be seen by my neighbors, most of whom are retired and quite nosy. They all know that if they see someone poking around and it ain't me or my significant other it's time to call the police.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
As a sportsmen's all my life and a Republican I don't try to tell a Democrat what is right and wrong it seams to go in one ear and out the other :) .
Exactly! Nothing between the ears to use to make an independent thought.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nope, I don't put any political decals on my truck. US flag and a MIA/POW decal are all I have. And a license plate frame that says " my cat is smarter than your honor student".

Reactions: AZdesert1911

·
Premium Member
14,007 Posts
No sense in displaying one's firearm status in the neighborhood. Talking a typical sub-burbian area where you have a mix of conservatives and a couple of lefties living in 1/4 or 1/2 acre lots. You never know when the lefties will create trouble.

Now if you live in the wood's in TN it is likely a different matter and risk profile. I get that.

Generally, I am proud to say I support 2A, but the context of the venue is important...Ex: Just joined the Jeep-Gladiator Forum and I listed strong support 2A as one of my core values when I introduced myself. The Jeep (off road segment that is) community is full of Freedom-Loving-Americans (I am sure some lefties too and that is ok) so I was happy to share my belief. They also thanked me for my US Navel Service in the 70's. That has been the only other sight besides this one which has done such a thing. That is a big plus too - shows their core values to me.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
The sniveling , whimpering cowardice displayed here is amazing , and embarrassing! The left has been emboldened by the silence of the right. Just hide in your basement with you guns , show no direction or conviction , and protest anonymously on the internet. To quote Teddy Roosevelt, "All the great masterful races have been fighting races! And to lose the fighting virtue , it to lose the right to stand at all!''

Or as the song goes;
''For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way!''

·
Registered
263 Posts
I never shy away. But I listen first. If they are a total idiot but lack knowledge or understanding I will ask a few questions first, then see if they are just stupid or ignorant of the facts.
If they are stupid what is the point? If they are ignorant or just ill-informed then I will engage.
If after an exchange they then exhibit stupidity… again, what is the point?
I give everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.
Trust me on this. There are lots of really stupid people in MI. Most of the really dumb ones come from parents who were UAW factory workers. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Not sure why it seems today the wrong minded and stupid people are procreating more rapidly?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
The sniveling , whimpering cowardice displayed here is amazing , and embarrassing! The left has been emboldened by the silence of the right. Just hide in your basement with you guns , show no direction or conviction , and protest anonymously on the internet. To quote Teddy Roosevelt, "All the great masterful races have been fighting races! And to lose the fighting virtue , it to lose the right to stand at all!''

Or as the song goes;
And did it my way!''
In a war, standing up before the enemy, with a flag waving courageously in hand, only to quickly fall dead to the ground from the predictable enemy's sniper shot, is not a proven way to win anything.

To be useful, courage must be matched with wisdom and situational awareness.

There is nothing cowardly in recognizing predictable sequences of events, and choosing a pathway that allows one to continue the fight.

In his many hunting adventures, Theodore Roosevelt rarely choose to charge forward or announce himself to the prey. Instead, he carefully evaluated the circumstances, and choose the best place and moment to surprise his prey with an accurate shot.

I do not believe that my many Forum fellow members/friends here are "sniveling cowards" and/or display such. Instead, I believe they are the strong core of the people who give hope of maintaining the Constitution and the 2A.

Perhaps a different of opinion at this particular moment, but +1911 for your rock solid support of 2A rights and countless superb posts along those lines.

Reactions: Autonomous

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Not sure why it seems today the wrong minded and stupid people are procreating more rapidly?
We are paying them to have kids. That is what welfare is all about. Over 40% of all children are born out of wedlock today in America. Destroy the middle class and create a welfare based society so Democrats control every city. 95% of black women vote Democrat so it obviously works.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts

Or as the song goes;
And did it my way!''
First, better figure out who you are fighting and just what you are fighting for. We were called on to fight WWII and the results of that have led to the demise of Western civilization as we are seeing in America and Europe today. We were called to fight in Vietnam and the Middle East and we still don't know exactly why but clearly nothing was accomplished other than to spend trillions of dollars making the MIC wealthy while killing thousands of our best men for no good reason. If there is to be a fight, make sure you know who the enemy is and what you are fighting for.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
First, better figure out who you are fighting and just what you are fighting for. We were called on to fight WWII and the results of that have led to the demise of Western civilization as we are seeing in America and Europe today. We were called to fight in Vietnam and the Middle East and we still don't know exactly why but clearly nothing was accomplished other than to spend trillions of dollars making the MIC wealthy while killing thousands of our best men for no good reason. If there is to be a fight, make sure you know who the enemy is and what you are fighting for.
And fight to WIN!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
So here's a great example of the crazy (yeah, America is laughing at you guys).

Jan 6 happens. Ya'll blame it on Antifa infiltrators.
And yet, this Saturday the right is holding a rally in support of the Jan 6 rioters. Would that be a pro-Antifa rally then? Or is it in support of the right wing nut jobs who sacked the capitol?
Which one is it? It has to be one or the other.

Crazy chit.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
So here's a great example of the crazy (yeah, America is laughing at you guys).

Jan 6 happens. Ya'll blame it on Antifa infiltrators.
And yet, this Saturday the right is holding a rally in support of the Jan 6 rioters. Would that be a pro-Antifa rally then? Or is it in support of the right wing nut jobs who sacked the capitol?
Which one is it? It has to be one or the other.

Crazy chit.
Both antifa and the FBI helped instigate some of the activity on Jan 6. Do you think it is a good application of our laws to ignore when BLM and antifa burn down numerous cities and loot and riot but we lock people up for months and maybe years involved in Jan 6 for doing little more than trespassing?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm afraid this may be devolving into tar pit of semantics!
I have not read a post in this thread that doesn't read, as coming from a Patriot! I think the problem may lie with personal multi level definitions of Patriotism! Which I expect in a Free Society, made up of Free Patriots!

With that said,... I have to take umbrage with suggestion that a more critical thinking/acceptable scrutiny and, or, judgement, is needed when debating/conversing with one of our USA communist enemies!

A point of observation,... our enemies have actually created a social attack agenda, whereby, if WE use any WORD they feel could circumvent their propaganda platform,... we are attacked at every personal level possible,..from publicly getting in Patriot faces, to harassment at Patriot places of business, their homes, and even at eateries they frequent !!!

And we are discussing a more correct, a more gentle, a more polite/politically correct approach to these base insane attacks!!!

I would rather, this type of physiological warfare not take hold in our society to the degree that they hinder any Patriot from expressing themselves, in any manner they so wish!!! Nor, do I think there should be criticism against Patriots wishing to meet these attacks in any manner they so wish!

When fighting this War,... the key word should be,... FIGHT,... at any level one wishes to choose!

I am a firm believer there is no right, or, wrong,... when fighting a War,... and,... this is WAR!!!

jm.02

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Fight where it makes sense, where gains can be made.

But don't waste time, resources, or perhaps one's life on scraps with zero-value fools.

There are countless zero-value fools; use Douglas Macarthur's island hopping strategy, leaving the zero value fools isolated...or in Chicago's bad neighborhoods and similar places, let them take each other out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Both antifa and the FBI helped instigate some of the activity on Jan 6. Do you think it is a good application of our laws to ignore when BLM and antifa burn down numerous cities and loot and riot but we lock people up for months and maybe years involved in Jan 6 for doing little more than trespassing?
Peloisi was warned that her POLITICAL TERRORISTS infiltrating the Trump/USA Patriot Peaceful Demonstration, at THEIR Government Building, could be hindered by Capitol Police actions,.... which is why she had them STAND DOWN, until after the fact!!!

The corruption level of illegal actions taken against Patriots exercising their Constitutionally Protected Rights,... is in lock and step with other illegal actions taken around the world, by One World Globalist supported dictators!

No surprises there!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Fight where it makes sense, where gains can be made.

But don't waste time, resources, or perhaps one's life on scraps with zero-value fools.

There are countless zero-value fools; use Douglas Macarthur's island hopping strategy, leaving the zero value fools isolated...or in Chicago's bad neighborhoods and similar places, let them take each other out.
Fighting where it makes sense,... is a personally defined subject, of many personal dictated levels,... wouldn't you agree?

Or, are you suggesting that someone, somewhere, has a universal definition for all to fall in line and follow, as to what ,..."MAKE SENSE",... is?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Fighting where it makes sense,... is a personally defined subject, of many personal dictated levels,... wouldn't you agree?

Or, are you suggesting that someone, somewhere, has a universal definition for all to fall in line and follow, as to what ,..."MAKE SENSE",... is?
At the level of our discussion thus far (engaging in conversation with unknown persons, placards/stickers on vehicles, etc.), it's definitely an individual matter, significantly dependent on the individual's location (e.g., dsk's King County, WA compared to USMM's remote rural hideaway); also other matters such as perhaps position in the community. E.g., the pastor of a church's word likely carries more weight than the janitor's. The former's comments are likely to be taken seriously, not so quickly dismissed.

Operating in friendly environs offers opportunities that are not available behind enemy lines...again, I'll refer to most of rural America as an example of the former and King County, WA as an example of the latter. And, heaven forbid, if one's Congressperson is AOC, there's hardly anything to be gained with any communication.

Definitely no universal definition for what we've discussed this far. In a military combat chain of command, matters might, of necessity, be more narrowly defined.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
^^^
Both seriously and with a big smile, I'm delighted with the way thousands of college football fans (and others) have found to express their voice:

We must not think we're alone; we're not. Not sure about being a majority but those opposed to the leftist agenda, including gun bans, are making a lot of noise and gaining considerable traction.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Chrysanthemum,.... I'm so sorry, but, I just have to believe that anyone, living anywhere, should have the Right to decide for themselves how they wish to express their political view,.... sorry.

61 - 80 of 187 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.