1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://pictures.auctionarms.com/February/SPRINGFIELDLW.JPG

"Springfield loaded lightweight". Is it a governemnt size (full size)? I think I know the slime ball who has it on auction but I am not sure and would hate to falsely label some one. I sent eMail to him and asked him but he did not answer.

I like the "lightweight", "Stainless", absence of those hideous front slide serrations.

How long ago was this "New" pistol manufactured i.e. when did they stop front serrations.

Thanks

PigPen

[This message has been edited by PigPen (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its not a full size. 4" barrel on a compact frame. Doesnt look like a lightweight either, looks like a stainless frame not alloy. The front serrations are not put on the ones with the shortened slide. Make sure this is the actual gun thats for sale. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I suspect, if I recall correctly, that the LW prefix signifies the lightweight frame in the SA line. Hard to tell, but it looks like a close-up photo of a SA lightweight Ultra Compact to me, therefore short grip, short slide without serrations. Last one I saw though, still had the Hogue rubber wraparound grips on it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by SHUZ:
Its not a full size. 4" barrel on a compact frame. Doesnt look like a lightweight either, looks like a stainless frame not alloy. The front serrations are not put on the ones with the shortened slide. Make sure this is the actual gun thats for sale. Good Luck.
That is the Lightweight. The LW on the Serial Number is a what says so. It is the standard matte blue finish, but the flash has made it look stainless. You can see some of the matte finish around the right side of the pic.

It certainly isn't a full-size though. From the grip size it looks to be a compact.

------------------
'In 1913, as he was imposing an income tax on this country (after the Supreme Court had declared Abraham Lincoln's income tax unlawful), Woodrow Wilson promised Americans that it would never go any higher than five percent, and that it would never affect anyone but the very wealthiest two percent of the population. Almost certainly this is where the observation first came from, that you can tell a politician is lying -- because his mouth is moving.' -- Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, Page 218.

·
Registered
135 Posts
definately the lightweight, compact frame. compact has 4" barrel, the ultra has shorter than 4" (3.5"?). Matte finish. check SAs web page...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts