1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,
Im considering of buying PO S16-40 Limited and I have not yet seen any posting that have used and rated the gun. So if anybody here have had the chance of using the S16-40 PLEASE....DO some reviews or at least comment on it............TNX!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
P16 limited

I purchased a new P16 limited 3 weeks ago. The fit and finish of the slide and frame look good, but the barrel has a lot of tool marks on the feed ramp and inside the chamber. The pistol is accurate, but even after 500 rounds of factory amunition is still not reliable. I get numerous failures to feed the last round in the magazine, and as the pistol gets dirty (after about 50 rounds of factory ammo), the failure rate goes up and the bullet will jam between the feedramp and the top of the chamber about every 7 - 10 rounds. It is on its way back to para for repairs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have one and love it. It has about 10,000 rounds through it and the only thing that has broken was a barrel bushing at around 1000 rounds. It is a good basic USPSA gun to start with (cheap). I have a Dawson ICE magwell, Dawson FO front sight and a trigger job on mine, other than that it is stock and runs 100% with good ammo (my reloads are all checked with a Dillon case checker). I paid $900 for my gun used with everything on it, plus a cr speed belt, mag holders, cr speed holster and 2000 rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
pjb said:
I purchased a new P16 limited 3 weeks ago. The fit and finish of the slide and frame look good, but the barrel has a lot of tool marks on the feed ramp and inside the chamber. The pistol is accurate, but even after 500 rounds of factory amunition is still not reliable. I get numerous failures to feed the last round in the magazine, and as the pistol gets dirty (after about 50 rounds of factory ammo), the failure rate goes up and the bullet will jam between the feedramp and the top of the chamber about every 7 - 10 rounds. It is on its way back to para for repairs.
Mine did this too...some flitz and super fine sandpaper and about 10 minutes working on the feed ramp fixed me up. I had about 10 jams the first day I've owned it, and about 4 more in the next 5000 rounds total.

Overall I love mine. I'd definitely recommend one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
waktasz said:
Mine did this too...some flitz and super fine sandpaper and about 10 minutes working on the feed ramp fixed me up. I had about 10 jams the first day I've owned it, and about 4 more in the next 5000 rounds total.

Overall I love mine. I'd definitely recommend one.

Where did you get the magwell, and are you using extra power magazine springs? If so, what type?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Everything was done at EGW. It is an IDPA box legal Smith and Alexander magwell. Those are Dawson base pads. On 2 of my mags I have the stock mag springs and followers and on another I have an arrendondo extra power spring and follower. They have all been flawless for me with and without the basepads attached (I take them off for IDPA)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you haven't already heard enough, I've got two. One is set up for limited class, the other for open. about 4000 rounds through each with no problems.>>>>>>Jeff

·
Registered
96 Posts
P-16 are excellent guns

I have one of the first P-16 limiteds. I added a S&A magwell, a Brazos front sight, extended mag release and grip tape. I did polish the feed ramp with a dremel tool and a cratex wheel. This gun runs great I can't remember when the gun has malfunctioned; the last problem I remember was with a STI/para magazine. The Dawson base pads are the best made and work great with a mag well. I like mine so much I'm think about buying another one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the p16 Limited in stainless back when I shot IPSC a lot. I bought it as backup in case my STI went down. I wound up liking it way more than the STI. But I sold it because I'm stupid. It was a great pistol. I'm looking for another. By the way, whoever had the S&A magwell done at EGW, what did that cost if I may ask?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a beautifull gun but you run a 50% chance of getting a reliable one from the start. With my P16 Limited I had to send it 3 times to PO for warranty repairs. It's working better now, but from time to time It fails to extract. But I am willing to do what ever it takes to make it work. :rofl:

·
Registered
73 Posts
looking to get started in USPSA and want to do it with a 1911 style gun. I like the fact that the Para S16-40 is 16 rounder but would I be better off starting with a single stack gun? Who makes aftermarket parts for them and are they easy to work on? Thanks for all the info in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts