1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a BUL 9mm 1911 needed a range gun less tight and easier to rack than my Les Baer.

does anyone have expirence with BUL 1911s they can share?

the frame is cast with a forged slide. does anyone know if they cast their own frames? are they are cast by someone else? if so who?

thanks

my new BUL Stainless 9mm with Fusion grips.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Looks nice - good luck with it.
Let us know how she shoots.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
I jjust bought a BUL 9mm 1911 needed a range gun les tight and easier to rack than my Les Baer.

does anyone have expirence with BUL 1911s they can share?

the frame is cast with a forged barrel. does anyone know if the cast thoer own frams are if they are cast by someone else? if so who?

thanks

my new BUL Stainless 9mm with Fusion grips.
View attachment 615945

View attachment 615946
Yes, considerable such experience. Use 'Advanced Search' with keywords:

+Bul M-5 M5 Polymer-Stainless

... and 'Posted by' with "tgt_usa"; it ought to turn up a bunch. Sorry I haven't been consistent in spelling emmm five.

Short version: great! pistols. My older one is 20yrs old, so possible that my experience is out-of-date. But the Bul reputation seems only to be getting better.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Similar gun offered by Magnum Research Magnum Research 1911 | Magnum Research, Inc. | Desert Eagle pistols and BFR revolvers

Charles Daly used to import their 1911's from Armscor. They then had a deal with Bul to produce a 1911 for them. With much research by Daly, they spec'd this 1911, but Bul offered the gun to Magnum Research for import. Charles Daly subsequently went out of business. Charles Daly is back, but they are a different company now.

The Bul/Magnum Research 1911's have a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
geen Kinda later to worry now . Start shooting , Just figure the frame is as good as ruger or caspian both cast frames . MY store after I bought a ronin got some more 1911's in . One was a 9mm 5" BUL like your photo for $759 but they discount all firearms . Very smooth lite trigger on the BUL and snug smooth function when racking .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Similar gun offered by Magnum Research Magnum Research 1911 | Magnum Research, Inc. | Desert Eagle pistols and BFR revolvers

Charles Daly used to import their 1911's from Armscor. They then had a deal with Bul to produce a 1911 for them. With much research by Daly, they spec'd this 1911, but Bul offered the gun to Magnum Research for import. Charles Daly subsequently went out of business. Charles Daly is back, but they are a different company now.

The Bul/Magnum Research 1911's have a pretty good reputation.
I got a DE 1911G, in 2014. The trigger was one of, if not the sweetest trigger I’ve ever shot. Unfortunately, mine never was reliable enough to trust. It went back to MR twice. The first time was for a new barrel and some failure to feed issues. The second time, just fir failure to feed issues. It and returned with issues fixed, but only for a couple mags worth of ammo. Since MR couldn’t get it working, I had a local “1911 guy” look at it. He got it better, but still not 100%. I sold it to a guy who wanted a 1911 to tinker on (yes, I fully disclosed the issues). From what I’ve read, mine was the one bad one. Naturally.

The billboard (roll marks) on the left side are ugly, but it was a nicely finished 1911. The finish wasn’t very tough, though.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I own an Israeli made MR 1911. It took me many years to find a used one because no one lets them go. Great value and remember weapons are serious business in Israel, its not when they will be needed, just where.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have a MR 1911C. Don't have a ton of rounds through it, probably less than 1K. But it has never had a malfunction of any kind. Have to agree with Nikerret, the trigger is excellent. Mine is a later model than his, and they toned the billboard down some.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
geen Kinda later to worry now . Start shooting , Just figure the frame is as good as ruger or caspian both cast frames . MY store after I bought a ronin got some more 1911's in . One was a 9mm 5" BUL like your photo for $759 but they discount all firearms . Very smooth lite trigger on the BUL and snug smooth function when racking .
Not Worried just want to have the info. I did my research and had shot a MR 1911 years ago and also knew BUL makes some nice race guns but I had not shot anything from BUL in years. I have heard about them having nice triggers. just wanted to hear form other BUL owners and share photos of my new gun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hands on experience with their 1911, unbelievable smooth slide easy to pull back, so much so I questioned its readability. The two guns I got to shoot , shot flawlessly not a single malfunction and very accurate shooting off hand. I have another one on order. This gun may replace the Dan Wesson as your best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hands on experience with their 1911, unbelievable smooth slide easy to pull back, so much so I questioned its readability. The two guns I got to shoot , shot flawlessly not a single malfunction and very accurate shooting off hand. I have another one on order. This gun may replace the Dan Wesson as your best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
About 20 yrs ago I bought a new .45 BUL M5 4". It had an Israeli built polymer frame and what looked to me to be a Chip McCormick complete upper assm. You could use Para mags but you had to modify the mag slot. Still the Para's were much cheaper than the factory Bull mags. Nice gun, Black polymer frame and flat black slide. They were new on the market and it took me a while to get one. As I recall they had a problem with the steel slide catch wearing the polymer frame. Don't know if they fixed that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just purchased a Bul Armory 1911 9mm commander. Awesome looking. Slide is slick and the trigger is about 3lbs. I havent shot it yet, but intend to soon. I will give an update when I do.
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 15 of 15 Posts