1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Hi Power is the inspiration for my next hi power and I just love the slide stop and safety but I've never seen them before. Any ideas where I can get them?

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's a FEG (Hungary) made Hi Power clone. Numrich Arms I do believe used to carry the parts for those... Safety, Slide stops etc. But it seems all the parts have been sold up and FEG is no longer in business so I guess no is the answer unless you can find a used FEG for sale?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quick question.... what is the purpose of the rounded extension at the front of a factory HP slide stop? Is it just to keep dirt and debris from entering through slide stop notch?

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Tootie,

That safety is for a Kassnar GKK-45, which isn't a Hi Power.
Last I heard, Numrich sold out of the new style, FEG extended Hi Power safety a couple of years ago.

I just thought I'd head off a bunch of "I JUST BOUGHT A NEW FEG EXTENDED SAFETY AND IT WON'T FIT MY HI POWER!!" threads.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
"They remind me of a 1911. Do they shoot like one?"

If you are referring to the trigger action- reset and break; no.

"Quick question.... what is the purpose of the rounded extension at the front of a factory HP slide stop? Is it just to keep dirt and debris from entering through slide stop notch?"

Yes, as well as providing a positive position for your thumb to engage the slide stop to lock back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the correct numrich parts in my wishlist. Maybe I'll bump this thread in a few years notifying that they are in stock ;)

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Tootie,

That safety is for a Kassnar GKK-45, which isn't a Hi Power.
Last I heard, Numrich sold out of the new style, FEG extended Hi Power safety a couple of years ago.

I just thought I'd head off a bunch of "I JUST BOUGHT A NEW FEG EXTENDED SAFETY AND IT WON'T FIT MY HI POWER!!" threads.
Thanks Burgs - when I went to Numrich and FEG, it sent me to Kassnar. I assumed those were replacement parts for the FEG. There's another listing for a PJK-9HP (FEG - Hungary). Would that be it? Regardless, if there is a question, always call them at 866.NUMRICH (866.686.7424)

·
Banned
269 Posts
Hello Tootie:

PKJ-9HP is indeed the correct pistol. The GKK-45 is a .45ACP sorta based on the S&W M-39.

FEG made some interesting pistols, but getting parts for them now that FEG went kaput is a problem.

·
Registered
943 Posts
>>>...Quick question.... what is the purpose of the rounded extension at the front of a factory HP slide stop? Is it just to keep dirt and debris from entering through slide stop notch?...<<<

If you mean the half-round '..tab..' that extends upward at the front (closest to the muzzle) of the OEM slide lock lever (??).....then the purpose is to assist in removing the slide stop from the lock hole when removing the slide from the frame during disassembly....otherwise it serves little or no other practical purpose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts