1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm pretty much decided on buying one and have not yet heard a single bad thing about them, other than price and the fact that the scope mount is on the barrel.

I will be putting a rear scope mount on it instead of the forward position, so that point is really moot, and the money is no object since I can't really buy much else in CA anyway. (Otherwise I would have spent my college funds on ARs already).

So for the people who have gripes with the rifle, what are they, honestly? Would like to know its negative quirks before I plonk down the cash.

TIA.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Not a negative user here, but I am interested in the responses also due to the fact that I purchased a Scout last week. Have already replaced the handguard and removed the mount, making mine somewhat of a shorty. Only fired 40 rds through it so far, but no problems yet.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I haven't fired one; but from what I have seen handling them, what I have read by people like Karwan, and what others say...

Go for it!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Having browsed the SOF article, I note it has a muzzle brake. That is something I can definately live without.

Muzzle brakes will amplify the !!BANG!! factor many fold, especially when point shooting from any position be it from the hip or chest height. From a tactical standpoint, if they have holes on the lower portion, they will kick up a big dust signature, and/or shake foliage around.

I would be inclined to put up with a bit more recoil instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one with the glass stock and an Aimpoint Red Dot forward mounted. I like it a lot. Recoil or noise isn`t a problem to me.

Why buy the shorter Scout though if you`re going to mount a conventional scope? You only lose 4" and I`ve heard accuracy suffers a bit. My next one if there is a next one will be a loaded with a regular scope.

Either way, I don`t think you`ll be unhappy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Why are they putting muzzle brakes on an M1A? Is there a varient of the scout that has a pistol grip, or is it a california legal varient? LAter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts