1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new gun owner, Kimber Ultra CarryII Stainless, and was shown how to lube and oil the firearm. Does anyone use the following:

Weapon Shield and Slide guide #1 regular

I appreciate the feedback...

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Do a search on "lube". More info that you could possibly want.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
BillD actually gave you good advise. There is a ton of info. on this site that every day, gets repeated. Try searching on Weapon Shield. I got several threads and several posts specifically discussing it and recommending it. Seemed to be specific uses in some of the replies.

If you don't want to search, look through the Gunsmithing forum. That's where most of the threads I found were hiding.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
JBR,
As you might gather, this topic has been heavily posted in the past. Quick report: I use Weapons Shield for lube and it is great. I use Shooter's Choice Bore Cleaner for cleaning and RustPrufe for rust prevention. There are many other good products which I have not tried because these do everything I need. Use what works for you.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LHB1

Thanks for the reply. I am a rookie at this, posting new threads, looking into old posts, etc. I am gaining more knowledge in researching past posts and trying to ask the correct questions for information I am trying to acquire from the more experienced members, like yourself. Also, thanks to the previous comments made by other members, it has been helpful..John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts