1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I thought that the Milspecs had a stainless barrel. I just saw one for the first time at the gunshop today and it had a blue barrel. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmm....

I could be wrong then... I don't have a standard milspec, just the GI and stainless. (sold the GI so I can't go look at it to see if it was blued or parked...)

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
My normal Milspec has either a chrome plated, polished, or stainless steel section for the chamber area and a blued forward portion.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've seen parkerized milspecs with blued and stainless barrels. The stainless barrels seem to be fitted better -- they're also of the one-piece design.

Similarly, I've seen stainless loadeds with either blued barrels or stainess ones as well.

I wish the factory would be more consistent with what they put into the gun. I've seen milspecs with fantastic barrel fits (with almost no play on the hood area), and loaded models with poorer barrel fits also.

Each gun is just so individual and quality of fit can vary greatly from one gun to the next.

·
Registered
352 Posts
how do you tell if it's 1 pc or 2?

·
Registered
683 Posts
????

I have two Mil-Specs and both have a stainless barrel..........But.....One has a stainless barrel bushing and the other has a blued one.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts