1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever heard of this guy? Ever used him? The only website I find isn't functional. Anybody know if he's still in business?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Heard of him, from John Farnam. Seems like he emphasises rifles. Don't have a current URL or phone number, sorry.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I talked with them a while back and as I understand it, he has sold out to a couple of other guys. They gave me a price for some work, but I ended up having it done somewhere else.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rblack said:
I talked with them a while back and as I understand it, he has sold out to a couple of other guys. They gave me a price for some work, but I ended up having it done somewhere else.
Was it somewhere local? I'm in Lauderdale and am looking for a guy that's somewhere within 300 miles or so.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have been in his shop a few times and he is located in Naples fla.

If that is the one you are talking about email for Info.

·
Registered
844 Posts
norman, I've had a couple of pistols done at Wayne Bergquist Custom pistols in Naples Fl., as I don't live too far from there. He does a lot of 1911's and does nice work. Ask that Wayne does the actual work and you'll be happy. I don't have his phone # handy, but if you call info you can get it. Tell him Rod Black told you about him.....................

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, it seems like he's always carrying a nice 1911 in "Nash Birdges" ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
As I recall he was a 'smith in Michigan's UP and moved to FL 5-6-7 years ago, and joined up with an existing shop-- maybe Glades Gunworks? Talked to him once and he was a real nice guy.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have heard that he only works on MAC-10's, 38 snubbies, and Bren Tens.....

:D

He works on his guns on his Scarab speed boat...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts