1911Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
National Reciprocity isn't the paramount reason to vote for President Trump. The supreme reason is to ensure that he gets re-elected. Not an old demented, pervert, democrat/communist sympathizer, who's running mate is a racist, black militant communist. That's the paramount reason to vote for him.

The 2nd reason to vote for him is the Supreme Court appointments like Barrett that has just completed testifying at the senate Kangaroo Court confirmation proceedings. Not to mention that Justice Thomas has been saying that he wanted to retire way back in 2016. So, his seat is going to come up soon. And maybe even Breyer's.

Those two are much more compelling reasons than national reciprocity. If that idiot, corrupt, feeble pervert Joe Biden get's elected, Harris will become president because even Biden admitted that he may not be able to complete his 4 year term. If she becomes president then who cares about national reciprocity when she and her communist/democrat allies will be working diligently to repeal the Constitution. If not, they will conduct their "stacking" of the supreme court and forge a case to go forward to repeal or gut the 2nd Amendment. Ban all firearms and where do you think your national reciprocity will be then? One must have priorities and national reciprocity is low on the list.

·
Premium Member
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
National Reciprocity isn't the paramount reason to vote for President Trump. The supreme reason is to ensure that he gets re-elected. Not an old demented, pervert, democrat/communist sympathizer, who's running mate is a racist, black militant communist. That's the paramount reason to vote for him.

The 2nd reason to vote for him is the Supreme Court appointments like Barrett that has just completed testifying at the senate Kangaroo Court confirmation proceedings. Not to mention that Justice Thomas has been saying that he wanted to retire way back in 2016. So, his seat is going to come up soon. And maybe even Breyer's.

Those two are much more compelling reasons than national reciprocity. If that idiot, corrupt, feeble pervert Joe Biden get's elected, Harris will become president because even Biden admitted that he may not be able to complete his 4 year term. If she becomes president then who cares about national reciprocity when she and her communist/democrat allies will be working diligently to repeal the Constitution. If not, they will conduct their "stacking" of the supreme court and forge a case to go forward to repeal or gut the 2nd Amendment. Ban all firearms and where do you think your national reciprocity will be then? One must have priorities and national reciprocity is low on the list.
You're missing the finer point of why I choose the word "paramount". It isn't specifically 'National Reciprocity' but his steadfast commitment to gun rights, specifically the right to bear arms which he has always expressed his support of and will sign into law any legislation presented to him that furthers that cause.

Yes you are right about appointing Justices... but once on the bench, there is no guarantee a Justice will vote in favor of the 2nd amendment. Case in point... Former Justice Stevens was considered a conservative appointed by President Ford. He was a registered Republican and was seen as a conservative when he was nominated. As time went on he turned liberal and towards the end of his time on the bench, he was voting with the liberals. After retirement he stated he believed the 2nd amendment was a collective right for states to form militias, not an individual right for self-defense. There are other examples of conservatives going towards the left on the bench, does Kennedy ring a bell? He was appointed by Reagan and was considered a conservative. Instead he became a swing vote, sometimes siding with the left on major decisions.

The fact is, and I have said it before, you can't count on the courts to decide in any certain way. There is that old saying, a bird in hand is worth 9 in the bush (yes I know its 10 in the bush) ;) . Having a conservative president that will sign off on pro-2nd amendment legislation is worth 9 conservative justices on the Supreme Court. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,226 Posts
Would Trump sign it, definitely. We would have to take back Congress, (and obviously hold the senate) For nat’l reciprocity, and that may not happen.
Trump has gained whatever % of literally every voting metric in this 1st term, ie. Black,Hispanic,even Asian/Americans. Very few of those metrics are shouting their support for Trump. Again, the crickets and silence is coming from the RINOS. They are the ones who should be out outwardly campaigning for Trump. But, Trump has to do it himself, just like in ‘16; and he is doing just that. They’re planning for riots (lol) in NYC if Trump wins a 2nd term.
that suggests, even NYC doesn’t want Biden/Deblasio’s Marxist way of doing things. The liberal NYC people I know, hate deblasio with a passion and that may help Trump also.

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Yep, Rhino Ben Sasse is a coward and turncoat, I posted the link yesterday in the "Scared for American people" thread, he said some very despicable things (and not about policy) about POTUS in here. What a foolish thing to do going into the election!

·
Registered
605 Posts
You are absolutely correct, lots of other opportunities on other issues were also missed. But that is the Washington swamp. Nevertheless, the fact that POTUS says that reflects his strong support of gun rights. Its the thought that counts. (y)
Paul Ryan, the Swamp Rat Speaker of the House is the one who killed National Reciprocity. Not Trump. Ryan destroyed most of what Trump wanted out of the gate.

Reactions: henryt

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

Can you imagine the reaction from the Leftist/Liberal/Progressive movement if President Trump got two more Supreme Court picks?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Paul Ryan, the Swamp Rat Speaker of the House is the one who killed National Reciprocity. Not Trump. Ryan destroyed most of what Trump wanted out of the gate.
Yet another Trump achievement, Paul Ryan got out. One can see how FOX changed since he became a member of the board of directors.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
It's so bizarre to me.
This unapologetic perversion of duty.
This idea that journalistic environments are in fact propaganda factories,
and the complete unself-conscious acknowledgement of this,
by the swamp rats.
They are so out of touch,
they act like drug dealers who use their own product.

It's equivalent to taking your vehicle to the mechanic.
And asking the mechanic to do an oil change.
And coming back the next day to find you vehicle on fire.

You ask the mechanic "What the Hell happened!",
and he says, "I did my job properly.",
and you ask "What's your job?",
and says to destroy the vehicles that people bring to me to be repaired.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I'm not sure if this article has been posted yet on here. I am still struggling to navigate the new forum format.

Nevertheless, if there is a reason to vote Trump, this is the probably the most paramount reason to do so. All other issues can fall to the wayside.

Excerpt:

and Trump's response:

... 'nuff said!
Specious comparison.
A Driver's License shows you can operates vehicle on public rods.

A Concealed Carry Permit allows you to carry within Concealed Carry Laws in jurisdictions that recognize it.

My PE license, and RN and MD licenses are not universally recognized.
Any more than plumbing and electrician licenses are recognized.

If any such law was signed you can be assured it would be enjoined with 24 hours.

Even Barber's licenses are not universally recognized.

·
Premium Member
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Specious comparison.
A Driver's License shows you can operates vehicle on public rods.

A Concealed Carry Permit allows you to carry within Concealed Carry Laws in jurisdictions that recognize it.

My PE license, and RN and MD licenses are not universally recognized.
Any more than plumbing and electrician licenses are recognized.

If any such law was signed you can be assured it would be enjoined with 24 hours.

Even Barber's licenses are not universally recognized.
Two points:

1) President Trump's statement is indicative of his willingness help out the pro-2nd amendment proponents. There is no legislation specified on how such reciprocity will work out, but he mentioned he is willing to sign off on a workable legislation. If hell freezes over and both chambers of congress can generate the reciprocity legislation, then I would assume there is a compromise on what is a workable solution. Currently my FL CCW license is recognized in some-odd 30 states with reciprocity agreements with those states. Those states that have reciprocity with Florida also have slightly different requirements but the state governments have found common ground on requirement. They also represent gun friendly states as opposed to outright gun unfriendly states like NY and California. The problem is that I cannot for example drive from Florida to New Hampshire and enjoy the reciprocity under law. Carrying a concealed weapon legally in some states could make me a felon in the next state. This is unlike bank robbery or white collar embezzlement laws that are pretty uniformed across across 50 states.

2) Those occupational licenses you mentioned are not enumerated inalienable rights listed in our constitutional republic. No where in the constitution does it state that the right to practice medicine (engineering, nursing or operating motor vehicles) shall not be abridged by state or federal law. The founders believed that the right to self-defense and the right to form militias for the security of the state were a paramount right in order to maintain a constitutional republic. We technically should not be required to be licensed for an inalienable right... none is needed to practice religion or to criticize government which is also covered in the constitution, and in which the founders felt that those rights should never be restricted by laws.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
NO right to drive a car either.
And it is NOT a Federal law that created the Driver's license reciprocity we have now.
Just agreement among the states.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
And to be a bit picky, it's not a "driver's license" in the possessive. The license doesn't belong to the driver. It's a "driver license" meaning it belongs to the state, is issued under conditions the state prefers and is kept by the individual only with the sufferance of the state. Not exactly what I'd like when it comes to being able to exercise a right.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nothing worse than being subjected to a myriad of state laws where sometimes the penalty for invariable violation is a long, long time in prison. That said, the down side to reciprocity is that it becomes a federally regulated law and I'm kind of leery about the federal government getting a toe hold in to national gun regulation, even if today it means keeping the states in line.

What would be better than straight up reciprocity would be states honoring other states licensing, simple and straight. And a provision if inadvertent violation of a state's carry law, then a simple fine with a reasonable dollar limit. No jail time.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
And to be a bit picky, it's not a "driver's license" in the possessive. The license doesn't belong to the driver. It's a "driver license" meaning it belongs to the state, is issued under conditions the state prefers and is kept by the individual only with the sufferance of the state. Not exactly what I'd like when it comes to being able to exercise a right.
Seen it both ways in numerous places. Rarely seen "driver license."

·
Registered
925 Posts
There would not be a national permit. But a national recognition and acceptance of one state's permits in other states. Just like there are no national driver licenses or marriage licenses.
Read the whole post. I said NO NATIONAL PERMIT. But my concern would be the ever changing gun laws in states like NY, NJ, and others that previously had few restrictions because of limited permits. Now they will be forced to allow many other permits in their states so they will rush to add more restrictions to their state laws which we must acknowledge and abide by.

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
In 2017 my home State of Missouri passed "Constitutional carry" and everybody cheered and exclaimed how great it was. Then the next day we found out that carrying without a permit was really only "legal' everywhere EXCEPT where any city or county ruled that it wasn't permitted. Including St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Branson, Cape Girardeau, etc etc etc. So nothing really changed and all the politicians patted themselves on the back. I just can't get excited anymore about laws like these unless the State COMPLETELY and PERMANENTLY does away with this "home rule" nonsense because liberal governments just exclude themselves from any law they don't like. Trump can sign "National Reciprocity" all he wants but somebody needs to enforce it.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
In Virginia the now Dumb controlled state government
is busy allowing localities to pass their own rules again.

Any county or city owned property can be declared a
"Gun Free Zone."
Parks, special functions, etc.

One of the things that was done when 'Shall Issue' was pushed through was the power of local governments to pass laws was removed.
The CHP rules became uniform throughout the state.
Only Federal facilities could have their own rules, and private property.

Brady brought in NICS checks, but the State Police elected to do the NICS check.
We also got a State form but it had no record of the firearm beyond type.
Long gun , handgun, and I think 'other' for actions and such.
No makes, model, serial number, calibers.

Now we are heading back to all sorts of separate local rules that vary place by place.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts