1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who's perused the Schuemann website will have seen the suggestion, if not outright recommendation, that we not clean our barrels. The more you shoot it, the cleaner and shinier it gets . . . Having had many two-day barrel cleaning sessions, I just couldn't figure out how anyone could get away with not cleaning their barrel. My M1911A1 had a failure to feed on Sunday, and I realized the last time it had been cleaned was after its last FTF, which was last October. I'm thinking at least 1500, and maybe 2000 rounds were shot over the Winter, so this would be a good test of Schuemann's theory. I ran a combination bronze/nylon brush through the bore, dry, maybe fifteen passes, and held the barrel up to the light. Not so much as a trace of residue. Not a speck. The vast majority of the rounds fired were Precision "black bullets" over N320. I don't know if it's the barrel or the bullets, but I might stop cleaning my barrel, too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.