1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I dont post here much, mostly over at the SigForum but I brouse the forum on a regular basis. Great place. I however need some help with a 1911 of mine.

It was built by me. Function tested by a gunsmith, another gunsmith helped me tune it, and I have about 400 rounds through her. Its a Crown City Arms mil surplus frame, and Wilson internals,

I have never had a problem with double fires, but at the range last week. My shooting friend was putting some lead downrange, and he had several double fires in one mag. I inserted a new mag, fired all 8 shots, repeated, and it fired perfectly. Just like normal. He picks it up, and the first shot, double fires. He put it down, I cleared it, and put it in the box.

Question, Is it possible, that his grip or trigger control caused it? Or is it more likely that my sear and disconnect need to be replaced. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Schlep

:confused:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
It's completely possible to get a one-handed bump fire with a tuned trigger, especially if one isn't used to a really light trigger. I have a friend who had me raise his trigger pull by almost 3/4 lb. once because he claimed to be getting "doubles". In that particular case, I don't think it was doubling at all, he was just getting splits a lot faster than he expected/wanted to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TRB. From what I am gathering by chatting with other gunsmiths, and LEO's that use the 1911, it appears that his 1 hand grip was the culprit. I guess Ill just keep that one all to myself. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts