1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a comfortable leather double mag carrier. I have a clip on Bianchi single mag pouch that wears holes in my left love handle. Anyone got an alternate suggestion or do I need to keep buying them until I find the magic one?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I highly recommend El Paso Saddlery. Great product at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Brommeland products look well designed. Thanks for the heads up on that site.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have two of the Brommeland mag pouches, and they are very, very comfortable, just like his IWB holster.

Unless you can find one used, however, don't count on experiencing that comfort anytime soon. Gary's backlogged to the point of impossibility with pre-existing orders that haven't been filled.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Milt Sparks
OWB
Model D-4C w/snap loops $57
Model D-4CF w/fixed loops $57
IWB
Model IPD It is rough side out so it
stays in position, and has leather backing
to protect the body $42

My order from JUly has a D-4C and an IPS
the single IWB version of the IPD and just
checked the web site they are working on the JUly
Orders!!! Woo Hoo.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hello, below is a copied post of mine from last year that might help with your decision making on a mag carrier. I've tried several different makes of mag carriers over the years, and for me, Rusty Sherrick's design is the best.

I received my Double Mag Carrier this morning from Rusty Sherrick, and I'm very, very pleased with it.

I ordered the Double Mag Carrier in Black with 1 1/4" inch loops to fit my FN-Browning High Powers on 6-27-06 & received it on 9-7-06, so turn around times with Rusty is very good in my book considering the waiting time some custom makers have.

Rusty's design is exactly what I was looking for in a double mag carrier, it has a lower ride height that positions the top edge of the carrier just above the belt line, he also uses double belt loops that allows the user to position the carrier over a trouser belt loop if they wish to. And the best part for me is, it doesn't pull the carrier so tightly into my side, a very comfortable design indeed, that's plenty rigid.

Rusty makes all his stuff exclusively from horse hide and it's finished very, very well including the burnished edges. The stiching on my mag carrier is very smooth & even, and the same goes for it's deep beautiful black color.

Another thing about his work that I really like is, he puts his Makers Mark on the back side of the product so it's outta plain view.

Rusty himself was a very nice person to do business with and his work ethics & attention to detail has sure earned my future business.

Check out Rusty's stuff, he has some great designs. www.c-rusty.com

PS. Rusty Sherrick's mag carrier is so nice, and after more than a year of wearing it, I'm planning on ordering another one just like the one I already have, plus atleast one single BHP mag carrier and two more double carriers & a single carrier for 1911 mags!

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
not me!

I use-n-prefer the double mag pouches from Safariland, specifically the Model 079.

I have used them with hi-cap Glock, hi-cap not-Glock, and still currently use-n-love-'em with my 1911 single-stacks (9x19, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP mags).

www.brownells.com

Yep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts