1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a double stack 1911. I owned one 1911 that was single stack and I could never get used to the grip. Well I shot a couple of double stacks and I really like the feel of the grip. I need some opinions on what would be a good option for me. I would like a fullsize single action. I am not looking for a mill spec model, but I am not looking for a high end custom either. I would like to spend less that 1,000. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Fritz:

Although I have other 1911's, the gun I've been using in IPSC for the last few years is a Springfield Hi-Cap, not the Mil-Spec version but the one that preceeded it. As I understand it, this gun was brought out just as the high cap ban took effect so it came with modified 10 rnd mags for a while and then was discontinued only to be brought back as the Mil-Spec. It has a different trigger, hammer and beavertail grip safety. This is by far my favorite 1911 as it just feels so right in my hand and shoots better than I do. You still see these for sale, NIB, for around $650, in fact there is one at the range where I work.

You might also look at the Para P14 or P16, I forget which is the full sized .45.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Fritz20, I have five Paras. Three P-14s,these are full size gov. Mod.,two P-12s. Only thing I have had to ensure good runing paras, was to replace the mag springs. Other than that my Paras work pretty good. I don't have any experience with STI, or The Springfield high caps. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts