1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confirmed with Wilson since the experior version uses a conventional 1911 slide that a double stack 4” can be had with a comp which is something I’m considering ordering now. Anyone have or order one like this? Debating between this and the Nighthawk Firehawk, the Nighthawk would be almost double in cost though.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I wished WC would come out with a comped system like NightHawk.

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
Are you sure? When I asked about this I was told the barrel ramp end prevented this from being possible, if you are sure then I need to drop some more cash since a comp would finally make the X9 shoot like t should.

The Wilson system is more durable than NHC and on the clock there is no benefit to how NHC does it since there is extra bulk for no gain

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I was told but I’ll verify again tomorrow as I put in to get a quote for the build.

Are you sure? When I asked about this I was told the barrel ramp end prevented this from being possible, if you are sure then I need to drop some more cash since a comp would finally make the X9 shoot like t should.

The Wilson system is more durable than NHC and on the clock there is no benefit to how NHC does it since there is extra bulk for no gain

·
Premium Member
13,756 Posts
Comps are nice on a 45...On a 9mm, meh, not really necessary unless you are shooting in open class. MOO of course, as we all have one.

I have one on my 5" TE, WC fitted a barrel for me, and a WC-CC, and an STI-CC all in 45...If they ever double stack a 45 experia I would get one (even if only 10 rounds, and if they can comp it even better), but this is unlikely, WC has left the building as far as significant 45 platform enhancements going forward.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after speaking with Wilson some more, they cannot do the comp with a double stack frame. If moderator can delete this thread, that’d be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
14,593 Posts
So after speaking with Wilson some more, they cannot do the comp with a double stack frame. If moderator can delete this thread, that’d be appreciated.
No need to delete the thread - good info for anyone reading that is interested in the same thing.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts