1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a railed doublestar 1911? One popped locally and seller is asking $900. Looks like new condition with 50 rounds through it. Also has a flat faced trigger installed.

This would be my first 1911 and hopefully my only one for the next couple years. I was initially looking at the springfield mc operator and colt rail gun. Was leaning towards the springfield because of their good customer service I've read about. I was wanting to stay below $1200

I Googled around and saw a few posts on various forums. Some good reviews and some bad ones that lead me to believe their customer service is poor. I want something that will work and continue to work for thousands and thousands of rounds. Am I taking a big risk with the doublestar? Is it safer to spend the extra $200-$300 for the new springfield or colt

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
Get the Springer or Colt. Unless you know the previous owner or are good at checking out used 1911s you always want to buy a new pistol with a warranty.

·
Registered
23,175 Posts
I'm with dsk in that it is safer to spend a little extra money and get a brand new SA or Colt. This time of year you might luck into some sales and you are more likely to find an SA on those than a Colt.

·
Registered
375 Posts
let me concur with dsk and Dakota. save the extra coin to buy the new one.

that's not a swipe at doublestar, but, warranties, and a new gun that no one messed with or up area good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts