1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
get an rra upper and order it though damian:D . he'll treat u right.

as far as DPMS, ive hear good things about them, but i dont think they are considered to be on the same level as armalit, bushy, and rra. i could be wrong but thats what i remember hearing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Why not just get a RRA upper"

Because I really just built the lower to see if I could do it and I got the parts at a gun show cheap. The reason I want to get a new gun is I am in law enforcement and want a pre ban set up so I can have a collapsible stock and the only way to do that is buy an original pre ban for a gazillion dollars or buy a le/military stamped one complete since you can't get stripped pre ban lowers. DPMS has 16 inch le/m A3's for $729.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I have heard from reliable sources who deal in LARGE LONG TERM contracts that DPMS is a OEM suppler to them and many manufactures, some of whom were mentioned in this thread.That may be why the retail end of DPMS is small, the majority of their production is going out to large contracts if you visit their web sight you should see this corroborated their in its structure( if the long form of their name didn’t give you a clue). I have a DPMS 16” super Bull FT upper I used to build a SPR upper out of.100% reliability great accuracy at 30% less cost.
out
2011BLDR

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've had good luck with DPMS lower parts when building lower revceivers. I also had a DPMS 14.5" M4 upper on my preban AR. I bought it because it was my only option besides Colt for a 1/7 chrome-lined barrel. It was ok but I did have some ejection problems with it at first. I can't say that about my RRA rifle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay,I like their stuff but if you have a problem you will have to send the entire rifle back to them for several weeks.I repeat several.I bought a DPMS 16"and it would not cycle out of the box untill I replaced the extractor spring.After a few more rounds the gas key came loose after a cap screw came loose and sheared in half.Then after 2-3 thousand the bolt snapped in half from being over cooked in the oven.I replaced the bolt and have run 5 thousand+ more flawlessly.I did not care for their customer service.Since bolts are hardened in batches I'm sure others got the same.I'm glad my butt wasn't on the line depending on it to cycle.I have won several local matches with it and it is my favorite after I installed the JP enterprises trigger system.I see them as nothing but an advertising firm buying from the cheapest supplier.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Okay,I like their stuff but if you have a problem you will have to send the entire rifle back to them for several weeks.I repeat several
Just recently I was having a problem with my front sight. The only thing I had to send in was my upper. Had it back in just over a week. I think they have great service.
Many, myself included, think DPMS puts out a very good product. Go here http://www.thedefensiveedge.com/ and email Sully. He is a wealth of info and can give you some good insight on DPMS products. Email me and I will be able to forward my email from Sully to you.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Re: dubb

Maverick656 said:
hey dubb email me some prices if you don't mind...
[email protected]
your better of emailing him what you want, there are soo many possibilities as to what you can have as a top end...:p , hes good to work with

1 - 11 of 11 Posts