1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would let you guys know about my little accident this past week. I rolled my Jeep Wrangler a few times on a snowy and foggy night. I was out in the country doing a little 4 Wheeling with a few buddies at Chucks property and when we left, I went down a road that I havn't been on before. As my best friend, another friend, and I were heading down a road, out of the fog came a T-intersection. We almost made the turn but when the wheels hit the ditch, it flipped us right over, and over and over again.

We were all wearing our seatbelts, which definetly saved a few lives that night. My friends walked away sore, but not even a scratch on them...I got banged up pretty good. I was driving and when we hit the first time, we landed on my corner, upside down. (the jeep has a soft top) The windshield collapsed along with the roll bar and it pushed right down into the side of my face/head. The impact left a real nice mark on my face and wrenched my back pretty good....now I can't put on my own socks without some serious pain. Doctor took some Xrays and gave me some meds, but it looks like I won't be at work for a few days.

All in all the Jeep is totaled, I'm walking (sorely) and talking, and everybody in the accident is going to be OK....thank god.

As for RRA, I stopped in on friday and Chuck and Mark Z. were busy plugging away at all the finished guns getting them tuned and ready to shoot again. Chuck has been to the range a few times last week and there is a steady run of pistols that are grouping and getting done. It won't be long now for quite a few of you guys. I'm hoping that many of you will get your pistols before Christmas. If any of you wish to contact me about where your pistol is in the process, I will be back at work next week and I would gladly take a peek and fill you in. Just remember to Private Message me or hit me up in my e-mail [email protected] use DR. Bob as the subject to flag me so I know it is in regards to RRA.

Thanks everybody and I hope to hear from you all soon.
Have a good weekend, I'm spending mine in my bed as much as I can.

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
"Who cares about the guns?" - dubb-1

Exactly!!! Glad to hear it wasn't worse, Bob. Get healed up.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Hello Dr. Bob,
Good thing you were wearing your seat belt. Don't rush your recovery and catch up on other things you can do while healing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going back to work

I want to thank everybody for the posts and e-mails in regards to my roll-over. I am still banged up and have quite a bit of pain in my back, but I am on the road to a full recovery. The x-rays came back normal, just some pulled muscles. I went to the chiropractor the other day and he straightened me up and got me walking a little better. I will be going back to work on Wednesday to see if I can handle it and I have my Trig final Wednesday morning...so wish me luck everybody.

Thanks again for the concern and support.

Bob

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thank goodness it was not a whole lot worse! Hope you have a speedy recovery. You said you were weasring your seatbelt...per chance, were you wearing your sidearm too?

Again, think positive thoughts and get well soon.

best,
Robert Stanton
Galileo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts