1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you Wilson Combat guys have been very generous with exceedingly helpful advice directed my way; a 1911 newbie without a single WC in the safe. That'll change in 2-3 hours, as I'm due to pick up a Baron Blue CQB from my FFL this morning. It was a safe queen that came my way through a Forum brother (who knew I had a few months wait ahead on my Supergrade build) and also through Greg at Tractus Specialty. A bit more beach time with the Rottie then I'm off to retrieve the Baron. Stay tuned...:~}

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Congrats! I want to see that Baron blue!

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations and Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
14,985 Posts
Congrats, I love CQB's in Baron Blue....let's see the pics when you can.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Standing by in anticipation.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I don't know how long the wait will be. I'm sitting in anticipation. :D

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Really happy for you! Please have mercy and don't post any pictures. All mine are AT and SS so I avert my eyes and my wallet twitches every time a TB shows up on here.

Really thought...please post pics asap and give us a range report when you can.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Feelings of male (photographic) inadequacy

I guess I've got no one to blame but myself...using a 4-5 yr old iPhone 4 (that's twice been submerged) to take these shots. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Birdy's insane macro work (his 9mm Supergrade stickied here, and just posted yesterday, his Alchemic Falcon on the Nighthawk page). Anyway, I made an effort. Trust me; the Baron finish in person is like nothing I've ever seen on a pistol. Like a black mirror, if one can imagine that.

Mods that you might not see include...speed chute, flush cut/reverse crown barrel, gold bead, battlesight, slide top serrations, serrate rear of slide, thick bulletproof bushing, bulletproof upgrade package, and Nitre blue package.

Again, my apologies for the poor quality pics (the flash caused the bright dots) My first Wilson, and it is awesome!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's beautiful, congrats!

·
Banned
390 Posts
Sweet!!! nice finish on that one.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Glad you have it now! I told you about the deep black, it's amazing!
Enjoy it! :rock:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Without pics it did not happen.......

Rott? Beach? We take the Bullmastiff puppy all the time.
My fishing buddy says that all the time to me when i tell him i caught a 40 lb. bass- No picture---it didn't happen.. Very funny -but true. There is a guy on S&W fourm that says that also ---must be you ???lol
Please show us that W.C. gun. Good shooting !!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts