1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Maybe this has been done before, but I haven't seen it...

I set up Power Point with various target photos, alternating with a "reholster" screen. Then I set the times for each target-longer for small/hostage/tricky ones, shorter for big/single/easy ones.

This way I know my draw-sight-snap sequence was within x-number of seconds.

My big idea for the week....

Larry

------------------
He who fights and runs away had better run pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have a set of dry fire drills like this set up on our website at rangemaster.com. Various size targets and various exposure times are available. Please clear your weapon first.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I've used Rangemaster's interactive dry fire exercise in the past. It works VERY well and double check to make sure your weapon is cleared first!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have an old ISI dry firing device, uses a tank of CO2 to cycle the pistol automatically when you trigger a shot. A very legit dry firing aid as it pretty closely simulates live fire except for the noise. Pull the trigger, hammer drops, slide cycles, recocking hammer. As far as I know these are no longer available (?) but they should be! The good news is that they were 80% off-the -shelf parts from any pneumatics catalog.

One of the things I can thank wife #1 for....

[This message has been edited by Ned Christiansen (edited 05-05-2001).]

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Ned,
Does this device drop the slide on an empty chamber? I've heard that this was hard on the gun as this causes the sear to bounce around and hit the hammer hooks, due to the shockof the slide hitting home. This shock will destroy the carefully matched angles of hammer and sear. ,This was posted by a fourm member that knows a lot more about 1911 then me. This maybe why you can't buy them now.

[This message has been edited by goldmatch45 (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Registered
140 Posts
DTGuy, I think you have a good idea. Unfortunately, I have only been able to set timing in 1 second intervals. Unless I am missing something, this is often too course to really push yourself to perfect your presentation.

Despite that, I will probably play with it some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts