1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DSK....
Did the second set of pictures emailed to you come out with less red tint? They looked good when I sent them to you.
Regards,
Sam

·
Administrator
73,431 Posts
Yes, I got them. Thanks! Like I said, that's a very nice piece you've got there.
Don't forget to add a little line in your will. Need my full name and address?

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 11-03-2001).]

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dsk....
Even if I adopted you as a second son, you'd have problems with my 15 year old who has become a Colt 45 fanatic like his father. He has dibs on my collection, unless at sometime I need to sell it for his college education.

Would you like me to see if I could scan the Swartz safety cutouts?

BTW, you're right. It is a sharp looking Colt. I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

Regards,
Sam

P.S. We'll have to get together sometime when I'm in the Seattle area. Email me with your phone number for my records and I'll give you a buzz. [email protected]

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Ben Reyes:
Sam,
That's a nice looking Commercial renumber, what is the serial number.
Ben
Thanks Ben.
If Dsk would be so kind as to post the right side of the pistol you'll be able to see the nice commercial "Colt" and the Rampant pony on the other side. The serial number is 8634XX.
Regards,
Sam

·
Administrator
73,431 Posts

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Dsk...
Thanks for posting the right side of my 1911A1 Commercial to Military renumber. I just love that Rampant Pony. I think my scanner did a pretty fair job. Hope you all enjoy.
Regards,
Sam

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 11-04-2001).]

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Ty: Yeah. I've heard about those custom conversions that just shoot blanks. A lot of noise sometimes, but with no real results.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UJT...
Unless you've got a Colt plastic trigger, it's not unusual to see wear on the metal trigger as described.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UJT....
I know what you mean about the look of the plastic trigger. In the early 90's the trigger looked exactly like a 1911 trigger. Now, it doesn't come straight out of the frame. The top and the bottom of the trigger come out of the frame at angles that leave a gap between the end of the trigger and the frame. Not as nice looking for sure.
Regards,
Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts