1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attending a local police academy in the near future, seeing how I am sponsoring and paying myself, I have to provide my own gear. I must bring a firearm (my Wilson CQB), I have played with some Class 3 retentions and don't really like them, how about a side armor kydex or any other suggestions from some of you with experience. Handcuffs? ASP verses Sticks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What are your requirements for the gear? If you are required to have a retention holster, the Safariland SLS system is hard to beat.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use the safariland 6280 SLS holster. It is basically the top gun 200 model but instead of the standard thumb break it has a rotating hood making it a level II.
It is just as fast as a thumb break holster and has enough added security to make me feel better in a crowd

It has never knocked the ambi safety's off on my Colt guvm't

If you don't mind a straight drop cant it's a great holster.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I triple or quadruple the Safariland 6280 vote. I used a SSIII for a long time until I tried the SLS and I have never looked back. Easy to learn and use and very secure. AS for batons, depends on what you are doing..I use an ASP when I am on the bike but keep my PR-24 in the car for "social" occasions. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'd have to agree with everyone else, the SLS (6280) is my choice. The folks at Safariland are the best innovators when it comes to duty holsters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The best part of the Safariland rotating hood, is how fast you ca re-secure the weapon. Often you will find yourself having to holster and go hands on. With just a flip of the hood and the weapon is secure.Much faster and more positive than fussing with a thumb strap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree, also if you get the model 6000 hood it makes it harder for a bad guy to get to the thumb latch. It also insures that body armor can't diengage the rotating hood.

·
Registered
287 Posts
KMF,
Congrats!! Buy all Safariland. I also use the SLS (6280) holster and find it to be the best on the market. I had a Gould & Goodrich Level 3 and it sucked. Too much movement inorder to deploy the weapon. Stay safe!

good shootin', gunny

·
Registered
287 Posts
Also stick with the ASP on the belt. A Monadnanock PR-24 is good to have in the car.
Just my .02 worth.

good shootin', gunny

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry for the 3rd reply. Peerless cuffs seem to be the standard around these parts. My PD issues this brand although I carry Hiaat. W/O giving any delicate info across this public board, ask another LEO as to why.

good shootin', gunny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts