1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any of the LEO's here recommend a good duty holster for the 1911? I'm not much for the Level 3 type. Thanks, Ray Rinehart

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by ferretray:
Could any of the LEO's here recommend a good duty holster for the 1911? I'm not much for the Level 3 type. Thanks, Ray Rinehart
I am not an LEO, and I do not play one on TV, but I like Safariland's SLS 6280 ( http://www.safariland.com/sls.htm ) for a Level 2 Duty rig, and the 6270 looks like a possiblity...

If you can live with the Level 3 features, then consider 6000/6001 upgrades for the SLS variants.

Overall, IMHO, Safariland makes some of the finest "Mass Produced/Marketed" gear for Duty/Civilian use, and has been the industry leaders in Weapons Retention technologies saving many lives of Officers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i carry my colt in an uncle mikes holster i got the first of july. it seems to be a very good holster, and it has a tension screw so you can adjust how easy you want the gun to come out. it does not have the level 3 notch in it (i don't care for the notch anyway!)

i was carrying a bianche holster, but it didn't have a jacket slot , so i bought the uncle mikes when my clothing allowance came in this year.

by the way, both of these are the nylon version, and i can reccomend either, they are both good holsters. the only reason i changed to the unlce mikes was for the jacket slot.

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had an Uncle Mike's holster but wasn't happy with it.

Eagle's version of a belt mounted Level III, the MkVI (?), is an excellant duty rig IMHO. Unless someone comes out with something better, I'll go back to it when I return to patrol.

For a tactical rig, the SafariLand SLS 6004 is excellant. I've been using it for 2+ years now and have zero complaints.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using a Safariland Model 200. It has a thumb break and a tension screw. Just be sure to practice your weapon retention drills.When I went to the academy, there wasn't much difference in level 1 or level 3 holsters. The DT instructor was able to snatch guns out of both types equally fast.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I use a Safariland thumb break basket weave, with a double open top mag pouch ,carried on the weak hand side.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

1 - 8 of 8 Posts