1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Safariland B/W now and I am changing over to nylon. I have all Bianchi Accumold gear and I wanted to hear from anyone who uses any of the Bianchi holsters for a 1911. I love the defender I have for my glock, and I wish I could find the quality for my 1911.

So, who has one they are using and...how is it set up? I am looking for specifics on how the strap is set up for a cocked position. Is it comfortable, etc etc etc...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong,
BUT Bianchi didnt used to make a
duty holster that allowed for
locked and cocked 1911.
Maybe this has changed.

Skip the uncle mikes nylon duty holsters
for 1911s. I am not impressed with the one
I am using right now.
City officer in the next town east just
got rid of his uncle mikes. He wasnt overly
happy with it either.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I use all Bianchi Accumold nylon gear except for the holster. I still use the 6280 in Fine Tac for my Duty holster. It is a great holster and I installed the extra part to make it a level III. I still wish they made the Raptor model for the 1911 but oh well. If you are currently using the 070, if you get it in plain leather, it actually matches the nylon perfectly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kels said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong,
BUT Bianchi didnt used to make a
duty holster that allowed for
locked and cocked 1911.
Maybe this has changed.
Bianchi makes several according to their chart: a 7105 which is a high ride cruiser holster and a 19L-2 in the leather.

I have not seen either of the two. I thought perhaps someone else might have some experience with them.

I have been warned about the Uncle Mike's holster as well. We have several guys using them and they are looking around for a replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ditto on the Safariland Level three

I used one in the service for a while. It was very well made. It was made to carry cocked and locked of course. (We weren't allowed to, but used the holster anyhow and forced the thumbsnap over the hammer in the down position) I know, I know .... but sometimes you don't make all the calls.

the weasel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.