1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Officers ACP from DV Custom and it looks amazing, I have not shot it yet but he did (Dave Helton) and he said that it worked to perfection, he went out of his way to do a superb job on it as follows

King's guide rod and Bushing
Ed Brown Grip safety
Les Baer tactical thumb safety
Reliability Package Polish feed ramp, ETC.
Bevel mag well
Releive under trigger guard for a high ride hold
25 line per inch front strap checkering
Heinie night sights
Carry melt
Videcki Trigger set at 4.5 pounds
New Ceramic coating the whole gun in matte black
Plus some more things that i can not even remember.
Any way I can not wait to go shoot it tomorrow at the Seattle Police range.
I will report on the performance after that.:rock:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Pictures Please! This means nothing without pics!!T

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried and it is not posting, it says the pictures are too big, but as a follow up I shot the gun today and after 25 rounds of Golden Saber 230 Gr, 30 rounds of WW Ranger 230 Gr and 75 rounds of 230 Gr FMJ Miwall factory reloads I had zero malfunctions with the original Colt 6 round mag and two CM 7 round mags.:D

The gun was shooting to point of aim dead on at 10 yards. I can say that I am very very happy. I also ordered 2 Wilson Combat mag's and the Wilson Combat Cocobolo Grips.:)

·
Administrator
73,440 Posts
My custom Series 70 stainless Government was done up by Dave. He does pretty good work. He also listened to what I wanted instead of telling me what I should have done.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You know, I think I saw your OACP last Saturday when I dropped off my Kimber Compact for some tweaking. You're right...it looks great! I'm glad it shoots as well as it looks. This is the first gun Dave has worked on for me. I suspect that it won't be the last....:rock:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, Dave said he will put the picture of my gun on his web site so if any body wants to see it they can go there.

I plan on shooting it some more this week end and i shall report after that.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ike said:
Thanks for the replies, Dave said he will put the picture of my gun on his web site so if any body wants to see it they can go there.
<><> And the website is...

Thanks,,,

===========================

<><> Raspy <><>

·
Administrator
73,440 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Well I'm glad you got your's. Now maybe Dave will have the time to finish mine. He's working om my 3rd full build pistol. :rock:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here we go, This week end I shot 150 rounds of WW Ranger 230 Gr JHP's (RA45T) "my carry ammo" and 250 rounds of FMJ Reloads with zero malfunctions.:rock:

Point of aim and Point of impact are exactly the same from 10 to 15 yards, the Heinie sights are very easy to acquire, the only dissapointing thing that happened was the two Wilson Combat 7 round compact mags that I ordered would not fit inn the gun, the base pad's (slim metal) front was too high. it needs to be filed down so the mag will fit.:scratch:

This happened to me with the Kimber that I used to own also with the same mags, but the same mags with the polymer base pad work just fine in my Colt.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

OK guys my Officers ACP customized by DVCustom.com is on his web site take a look at it under testimonials as Ike's gun.

Also as an update I have shot over 250 rounds of WW Ranger 230 Gr. JHP's (RA45T),50 Golden Saber JHP's and over 350 FMJ reloads with Zero malfunctions from this gun. My carry ammo is the Ranger RA45T JHP's.

At 15 yards this gun is dead on with POA and POI being exactly the same.:rock:

·
Registered
872 Posts
DV bobbed and checked my Colt Defender Plus and I'm thrilled with his work..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts