1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new member and first post here. I’ve been following the DW forum since I received my new CBOB and thought I would share my experience with DW customer service with you. I too had a couple of issues with my CBOB when I brought it home on Saturday 11/24 and torn it down. Similar to GP40X. Found the barrel bushing looked like it was fit using a belt sander and had a gap in the ejector to frame. Called and left a message with DW on Monday and received a prompt call back from Scott. Explained to Scott what I had found, he stopped me as if he could already picture what I had described and reassured me that they would make it right. He went on to explain DW had a personal change and the person that fitted these parts in my pistol was gone. (I failed to mention I had ordered my CBOB through a dealer and had waited a little over two months so my gun was fresh off the assembly floor.) Then he said those magic words with sincerity “I’ve very sorry”. I went on and filled him in that after break in this pistol was to be my carry weapon. Scott’s response was I’ll fix it my self and will make sure it will feed hollow points. Cut to the chase my pistol was turned in a week and came back with now everything fitting perfectly. Scott hand lapped the barrel bushing to the barrel, fixed the ejector fit and replaced the sear because he didn’t like the slight bit of creep in the trigger. Also though I didn’t mention anything about it but the left rear sight tritium capsule had a cosmetic blemish, it could have been a piece of trash, maybe but it wasn’t there after the return. Don’t know if Scott cleaned it or replace the sight. As soon as my CBOB came home I ran it over to Impact Guns range and pumped 200 plus rounds thru it NO FAILURES. Yes and very accurate at point of aim, shoots better than me. Sure it sucked to have to wait one more week but it turned out to be a blessing. I got a better pistol now than I would have straight out of the box. Dan Wesson’s customer service is top shelf. They’re a small shop and appear to be going through growing pains trying to keep up with the high demand for their 1911’s. I say we give them a chance. Scott if you’re reading this post thanks again. That’s all I’ve got for now
Happy shooting, Eric

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Eric,
Thanks for the report & welcome to the forum! One word of warning, DW pistols are like potato chips, you can't stop at one!
Congrats on your new pistol!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I agree with both El and Dave. You have now experienced what we DW guys have known for a long time. I am glad you are here and look forward to more posts as your addiction to DW grows.:cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
JetMech said:
As soon as my CBOB came home I ran it over to Impact Guns range and pumped 200 plus rounds thru it NO FAILURES. Yes and very accurate at point of aim, shoots better than me.

Eric, are you in the SLC or Ogden area? I'm in West Valley, not too far from the Impact Arms here. Anxiously waiting for Dave to get moving on a few dozen guns ahead of me in line :D Dave, less posting, more smithing!! :D :biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts