1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. just thinkin about gettin the Valor and wanted to hear some feedback from owners.

how much do they usually cost?

are they utterly reliable?

what kind of accuracy is typical.

how's the trigger pull?

i already know they have forged slide & frames, plus no MIM parts.

thank you :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
hi folks. just thinkin about gettin the Valor and wanted to hear some feedback from owners.

how's the trigger pull?

I'd think a quick search on the web would give you a range for "usual cost".

Reliability you have to determine for yourself. Some would tell you 1 failure in 1K rounds is unreliable others would say 1 in 50. Depends on what you are doing with it, I'd guess.

What's your best accuracy right now? Are you 1 inch at 50 yards? 6 inches at 25? If you're "Bullseye top 5 accurate", I'd say the out of the box accuracy of a Valor is likely a good starting point, but already know what you are going to change. If you are looking for IDPA/other combat accuracy, it's probably more accurate than you are.

"How's the trigger pull" What exactly do you mean? Are you looking for a pull weight or how it feels? If you search for Valor in this forum, you should find plenty of reviews from owners answering pretty much all your questions. I know it's not as much fun as having everyone answer in your thread, but there are an awful lot of very satisfied Valor owners that have posted here.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd think a quick search on the web would give you a range for "usual cost".

Reliability you have to determine for yourself. Some would tell you 1 failure in 1K rounds is unreliable others would say 1 in 50. Depends on what you are doing with it, I'd guess.

What's your best accuracy right now? Are you 1 inch at 50 yards? 6 inches at 25? If you're "Bullseye top 5 accurate", I'd say the out of the box accuracy of a Valor is likely a good starting point, but already know what you are going to change. If you are looking for IDPA/other combat accuracy, it's probably more accurate than you are.

"How's the trigger pull" What exactly do you mean? Are you looking for a pull weight or how it feels? If you search for Valor in this forum, you should find plenty of reviews from owners answering pretty much all your questions. I know it's not as much fun as having everyone answer in your thread, but there are an awful lot of very satisfied Valor owners that have posted here.

well, i like no more than a 4lb to 4.5lb trigger pull on my 1911's, and smooth as butta. especially if i'm shellin out 1,300 bucks lol

as far as accuracy, i can shoot through the same, non-ragged hole at 15 yards with 5 rounds out of my operator. and it's at about 800 rounds with no probs. i would expect a $1,300 gun to also have flawless reliability and similar accuracy.

thanx :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'm not sure of the pull weight out of the factory, but my 2005 PM7 measured right in that range with less than 10 rounds out of it, about 750-1K later with just clean and lube it still measures that. No funkiness, just press back and it does the "break like glass thing". Every review here that I've read of both the Valor and CBOB lead me to believe the new guns are at least as good if not better than my '05 model. So, offhand I'd say the Valor trigger would satisfy you.

Accuracy. "...i can shoot through the same, non-ragged hole at 15 yards with 5 rounds out of my operator." Not doubting you, but this implies that at 15 yards you shoot 5 rounds and end up with a single 0.45 inch hole. If so, consider me impressed, but I'd say that may be more you than the gun. Would the Valor give you the same? I honestly can't say, but once you adjusted to it (how it fits in your hand, what the sights look like, etc) and you adjusted it to you (tweak the sights to give you your preferred POI vs POA), I'd guess it wouldn't be any worse.

Reliability. Search the forum, but I don't recall anyone reporting any issues with a Valor that was kept lubed up, generously for the first 500 or so rounds, appropriately lubed from then on.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

how's the trigger pull?

1. how much do they usually cost?

1300 to 1500

2. are they utterly reliable?

(no utter on mine) no issues in 3000 rounds

3. what kind of accuracy is typical.

as good as any production 1911 I have ever shot

4. how's the trigger pull?

out of the box, mine was was about 4 pounds, smooth and crisp, your milage may vary

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Valor is a GREAT "factory" pistol. I have had no mechanical failures/issues. It has been 100% reliable. I have never actually measured it's accuracy but all my rounds are in the body (our LEO qaul targets are a life sized man/woman) at 50 yards. From 25 yards and closer all rounds are within 12" (keep in mind it is a "combat" style course drawing from holster, timed, transitioning to different positions, blah, blah, blah). I haven't shot it off a bench or bag, but I'm sure it would group very nicely. Trigger pull is crisp and about 4-4.5 (again, haven't measured it) no complaints and don't plan on changing anything about it, other than added a magwell extension, easier reloading for me. I am not able to carry it on duty with my current department :bawling: but if I could I certainly would. I like it so much I just got another one, before all the price increases. If you are wanting one I would buy now, especially if you have a source that has it available. You won't regret getting one. Good luck!

Here's a picture because pictures make threads better :rock:

View attachment 46473

·
Registered
36 Posts
my valor

love it! only issues for me--slide failed to lock back on 2 occasions with dw mags. bought some tripp and 47d's and have had no issues. after 400 rounds had no issues with dw mags. my trigger cranks between 4-5 lbs. i have a bit more pre travel than i like and i may swap trigger out with one that doesn't incorporate a screw adjustment. the gun is more accurate than i will ever be. i shoot paper targets out to 50ft and can touch holes--i have vision issues and can only see the front sight by using reading glasses--targets is a blur. prefer shooting steel and have a friend with the outdoor capability to shoot knockdown, plates and metal silhouettes--from 7yds to whatever--instant gratification.

i shoot reloads--my own cast as well as fmj--both 230gr round nose. i paid 1050 "used" though unfired, at a local gun shop. i have seen several go on gb for around the same price and i know i could not have duplicated this deal without a long wait time. i understand that prices are going up next year to who knows what??

if you can get one--do it--will never loose $$ on this one. :rock:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Whittaker's Guns, in Owensboro, Kentucky, had one the other day when I called. Their phone number is in the locator thread. They were asking $1279, plus an additional $30 to ship.

·
Registered
415 Posts
n/m

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
I bought my Valor from Whitakers for 1060. It was a blem, but had been re touched. It is a dream to shoot and will give my Baer a run for the money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
valor

I purchased my valor about a month ago I have owned about 3 1911s in the past and have shot many other brands. The valor supprised me in fit and finish right out the box the slide fit to frame was PERFECT and felt like it was on rails. I reccomend you clean and lube the gun before you first shoot it and rack the slide about 1000 times also before your first shoot that kinda simulates a minor break-in so you will have less break-in time failures. Out of the box I put 500 rounds through and had 1 failure to lock back slide on empty DW factory mag, but that occured while my younger brother (18) was shooting it and he has very little experiance shooting pistols and his grip may have attributed to the failure as it did not happen to me at all yet. I shot federal eagle FMJ, hydra shok HP and winchester white box and every round functioned flawlessly except that one failure to lock the slide back on empty mag my brother experianced. As far as accuracy gos the gun is more accurate then I am. I put crimson trace laser grips on it to fool around and was able to shoot 2 clips through the same hole slightly less then an inch at 25 yards I LOVE my Valor and is my new carry weapon I dont care that its 5" barrel. Only thing I am upset with is the duty coat is not quite as strong of a coating I expected. While taking a piss I unbuckled my pants and my holster weight tilted over the gun and it slipped out my IWB and onto ceramic bathroom floor putting a small but noticable few metal gouges on the bottom of the magwell and somehow also there is a small paperthin size gouge through the duty coat on the slide right where it meets the frame. But enough rambling on I paid 1299 for mine brand new and dont regret it at all. I think its the BEST 1911 in the price range and will give some of the 2000 semi-customs a run for their money as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts